This is an opportunity with the USO of Metropolitan Washington.
The Mobile USO Coordinator will assist in planning the onsite events and activities involving a custom mobile unit that are in conjunction with military commands in Northern Virginia,
Maryland and the District of Columbia where the USO does not have a physical presence. Includes military homecomings, deployments, training exercises, air shows, marathons, etc. in accordance with the relevant policies and overall directives of USO-Metro.
Maintains a favorable brand/public image for USO-Metro by communicating and promoting the organization’s programs, services and activities within the military, business and civilian sectors.
USO of Metropolitan Washington (USO-Metro) is the premier service organization providing morale, welfare, and recreation activities for the men and women of our armed forces and their families in the Washington/Baltimore region. USO-Metro serves one of the
highest concentrations of military in the world, providing activities, services and programs through airport centers, fleet centers, family and community centers, a mobile center, orientation and intercultural programs, and celebrity entertainment.
Areas of Competency:
- Assists in organizing and coordinating logistical preparation and programmatic activation for Mobile USO circuit calendar as outlined by Marketing Manager.
- Assists with all on-site event activity including mobile operations, volunteer coordination, and installation command interaction.
- Manages all events to include setting up (i.e. event tables, marketing materials, aesthetics of mobile), food preparation, serving military personnel and their families during events and filling out all pre/post event paperwork
to include event request form and report.
- Provides support in recruitment, retention and scheduling of volunteers, to ensure they are adequately informed of duties and responsibilities to deliver scheduled program activities.
- Prepares promotional pieces, signage and information packets for various events and activities.
- Assists Mobile USO Specialist with arrangements and requirements for mobile maintenance, upkeep and repairs with approval by Marketing Manager.
- Drives the vehicle and stages program supplies according to event needs.
- Works closely with Mobile USO Specialist to maximize program goals identifying new opportunities and activities to improve delivery of service.
- Works closely with other departments as outlined by Marketing Manager for cross-departmental events and activities (ex: Programs and Services, Hospital Services, etc).
- Prepares and submits program and personal expense reports for reimbursement.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and replenishes as needed.
- Ensures proper security and care of Mobile USO equipment, fixtures and supplies.
- Serves as a member of the marketing department and may be called upon for special projects to organize and coordinate activities, appearances, etc not associated with the mobile unit. This includes administrative support and
assisting with third party fundraisers and corporate partnerships.
- Provides general administrative support including memos, reports, presentation decks, thank you letters, manuals and donation acknowledgements.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Polished and professional organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and self motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in hectic situations.
- Understanding of basic financial accounting and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to interact with various groups including board of directors, senior corporate leaders and Department of Defense and military officials, celebrities and volunteers.
- Ability to creatively respond to unplanned events; flexibility and willingness to work on various projects as needed.
Experience coordinating, supervising volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years related experience in nonprofit environment with emphasis on marketing and public relations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the military and understanding their needs a distinct advantage.
- Must have valid drivers license and clear driving record and comfortable driving 34’ custom vehicle.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds and stand for 8-10 hours a day.
- This high visibility position is offered with a competitive compensation package including base salary and superb benefits.
- Please Note: This is a position of USO of Metropolitan Washington.
Applications or resume submittals for this position are
accepted through this site.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes in confidence to:
USO - 14 months ago