The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun! Activities like summer bocce tournaments, the Strawberry Shortcake Smack-down, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, BBQs complete with s’mores and wacky fashion shows are just a taste of life at VTB.
The Bear Crew is in search of a Personalization Operator – Level 3. This position will perform all tasks related to product personalization, to include preparing and applying personalization to product. The qualified candidate will also operate computerized industrial embroidery sewing machines, various artwork machines, and basic equipment maintenance as required. Order printing, entry, and order/product coordination will be completed as needed. This position will assist in training of new and seasonal employees in all departmental operations and procedures. The Personalization Operator will be familiar with and execute DYOB, OOAK, Corp. and Production processes as well as carry out higher level maintenance of all personalization machinery. This position will also assist in all departments within the Distribution Center across all Companies. This position reports to the Retail Store and is responsible for staffing the Personalization Booth as early as June 1 to as late as October 31. Required availability is to meet retail department guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Follows both verbal and written direction given by the Supervisor or Lead.
• Flexibility during peak periods to work longer hours as need.
• Must have the ability to “be on your feet” for the duration of the scheduled work period.
• Input data entry, names and dates using specific software.
• Pick products from flow rack using a pick ticket.
• Hoop product in preparation for machine embroidery.
• Operation of computerized embroidery sewing machines.
• Inspect embroidered products to ensure quality and prepare for packing.
• Perform basic maintenance on embroidery machines daily.
• Produce and apply artwork, operating printer/cutter machinery, weeding, and operating heat press machinery.
• Flexibility to be trained to perform any task requested in the Distribution Center as well as Art & Embroidery. This will include assisting picking, the packing floor, inventory, shipping, and warehouse.
• Will train seasonal staff in all departmental functions during peak seasons.
• Proficient in producing orders for DYOB, Corporate & OOAK.
• Produce samples for evaluation for new products or processes introduced to A&E, handle specific work order requests from other departments including the creation and testing of logos, t-shirts, labels, name tags, tattoos, etc.
• Monitor shared electronic communication (email) work flow for DYOB and OOAK as well as project requests from other departments.
• Assist in Artwork and Embroidery design file management maintenance and organization.
• Work with Fulfillment and Customer Service to assure accuracy and quality of personalized items
• Will follow all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by VTB and the department.
• Responsible for adherence to VTBC’s inventory control policies and procedures.
• Assist with the development, maintenance, dissemination and adherence to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
• Responsible for SOS participation as required during Peak Periods.
• Responsible for writing Peer Reviews and Management Assessments as requested.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects in a face paced environment.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Basic to Advanced computer skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs repeatedly.
• Must be able to pull, push, and reach repeatedly and overhead, as well as bend and stoop repeatedly.
• Must be able to walk long distances and stand for extended periods on a concrete floor.
• Must wear closed toes shoes.
Education / Experience
• A minimum of a high school (or equivalent) diploma.
• Technical training or equivalent experience, certificate program.
• Must be current with MS office applications.
• Must be current with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or Corel Draw.
• Requires at least one year of experience in a manufacturing production environment.
• Working knowledge of sewing machine or embroidery or machine operation is beneficial.
• Experience in sheet fed printing, screen printing or embroidery environment is beneficial.