Job Order: J0213-0699 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Mainframe Technical Architect R
Category: Information Technology
City: Albany, New York, United States
Job Description: Mainframe Technical Architect R
The selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle for a multi-tiered complex processing system. The responsibilities will include both new development as well as maintenance tasks. Specific tasks will included:
Responsible for leading the technical design for new development and system enhancements.
Responsible for coordinating the technical solutions among various technical support groups.
Presentations of technical solutions to management and technical support areas.
Responsible for implementing technical solutions.
Leading requirements gathering sessions.
Leading the analysis of requirements and system design work.
Development of technical design documents and program specifications.
Coding, unit and integration testing of programming assignments.
Writing and tuning SQL
Technical Support of user testing efforts.
Performance tuning of new and existing applications.
Production support tasks including analysis of issue, propose and implement solutions.
Mentoring of less experienced staff would be required.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment where legislative changes must be quickly implemented.
1. At least 84 months experience with a large Government Taxation organization, which includes business knowledge, hands on technical design, development, maintenance and end user support of complex Tax Accounting Systems
2. At least 84 months experience with COBOL programming in an IBM Mainframe Environment
3. At least 84 months experience with IBM Websphere MQ
4. At least 84 months experience with IBM DB2 working with large databases
5. At least 84 months experience with IBM MVS JCL in an mainframe environment
6. At least 84 months experience with IDMS in a mainframe environment
7. At least 84 months experience with DMLO in a mainframe environment
8. At least 84 months experience with APS (Application Productivity System) in a mainframe environment
9. At least 84 months experience with TSO in a mainframe environment
10. At least 84 months experience with CICS in a mainframe environment
11. At least 60 months of system analysis and design experience for multi-tiered transactional systems
12. At least 60 months of experience writing technical design specification documents for multifaceted component based systems At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 14 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...