This position is responsible for contributing to the overall productivity and customer service levels of the Direct Sales force through prospecting, sales referrals, sales support, presentations, product demonstration, training and problem resolution; as well as providing administrative support for outside sales.
Sales Results: Generates leads and prospects new business as well as creates new service opportunities with the existing customer base. Carries “paper” quota” for 100% completion of all sales related tasks which are quantifiable, i.e.: prospecting and new appointments. Identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to fully demonstrate the value of Verizon Wireless products and services. Recommend wireless solutions with regard to price plans, data and other enhanced services, handsets and accessories. Negotiate and close deals.
Customer Retention: Provide follow-up training for new customers, handle equipment issues, perform rate plan analysis, explain billing and interact with Support Center on customer service issues. Maintain and grow existing customer base and manage churn. Provides pre-sale and post-sale support. Assists with seminars, trades shows, customer on-sites and attends when required.
Ordering Processing and Reporting: Fully utilize all sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools. Responsible for completing contracts and report-generation including tracking and forecasting reports. Processes all appropriate documentation for new orders/renewals and ensure policies and procedures are met with regard to sales activations. Ensures equipment activation and delivery. Supports customer extranet activations
Training / Meetings: Continuously update knowledge of wireless products, services, industry trends and the competitive dynamics of the marketplace. Participate in training opportunities on products and services and attend sales meetings. Represent company at trade association meetings to promote Verizon Wireless and increase presence in the community by developing relationships through chambers of commerce.
All other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience in sales with business accounts required.
- Understanding and knowledge of communications industry and related products & services.
- Strong cold-calling and lead generation capabilities preferred.
- Familiarity with billing systems and order entry systems a plus.
- Effective negotiating and closing skills required
- Knowledge of Cellular industry products and services desired
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
- Effective use of PC including Microsoft Office required
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 2 years ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...