Designs and validates network solutions to meet business requirements by configuring and testing network infrastructure hardware. Interfaces with Network Architecture and Engineering to provide requirements for network engineering, implementation, and operations. Troubleshoots complex heterogeneous networks and works with multiple teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues. Communicates effectively and continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
Key to Sutter's business plan, the role of Sutter Health Information Services is to make electronic data and communications available to Sutter Health employees, providers and patients to support the health and well-being of the community, enhance patient care and safety, and improve business processes and performance. Information Services (IS) key approaches to meet these needs consist of the Applications, Telecommunications, Project Management, Web, and Technology. We continue to review IS optimization across our affiliates, regions and entire enterprise.
Experience with Video Conferencing Technologies:
Experience with VoIP and IP Telephony is desired
- Cisco/Tandberg Telepresence Systems, Polycomm, LifeSize, etc.
Experience or working familiarity in of the support of Industry standard technologies (SIP and H323)
A Bachelor's degree in a related IS technical field is required or the equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience. CCNP or CCDP certification is desired.
Advanced experience and knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
- Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, WLAN, WAN/MAN, LAN, VPN/Firewall.
- TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Routing protocol - EiGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- FR/ATM, PPP, HDLC, MLPPP and VLAN.
- DS3/T3, DS1/T1, FAST E, Gig E, 10 Gig E.
- MPLS experience desired.
- IEEE, TIA/EIA Standards desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Handle multiple complex projects.
- Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.
California-Greater Sacramento Area-Mather
Sutter Health Information Services
Internal Candidate Applications Accepted
Days of the Week Scheduled
Hours Per 2wk Pay Period
Sutter Health - 16 months ago
Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood forest,...