Job Posting Title |
IT Product Manager/Lead, Virtual Design & Construction
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
The IM Product Lead, VDC will be responsible for all IT support for Kiewit’s VDC Taskforce and be the single point of contact between business and IT Support organization.
• Drive the recommendation and implementation of Product best practices and toolsets to increase quality results and service bandwidth.
• Work collaboratively with other Business and OneIM Product and Support Teams to ensure communications, transparently integrated processes and seamless support delivery.
• Establish and maintain daily/weekly/monthly reporting to the Business and IM as required for Product health, status, progress, changes and strategy.
• Overall responsibility for managing Product-related project plans, resources and deliverables to defined timelines and scope.
• Provide authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of the Product, including training for other IM Product or support teams, and business partners where appropriate.
• Supervise employee and onsite/offshore contractor team members; effectively apply the organizational and departmental people management policies.
• Assess and identify current team maturity and capabilities to guide team development.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the construction industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction engineering, civil engineering, construction management or related field highly preferred, but will also accept an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) and ability to understand how information follows from design to construction of projects.
• Ability to work in a matrixed work environment between multiple departments and stakeholders.
• Possess a technical knowledge of how databases or information is stored and flow between different systems (such as Oracle, Primavera, SharePoint, SAP).
• Possess a thorough understanding of information management project and quality control best practices.
• Ability to make decisions and plans based on the vision, direction and long term strategies of the organization, as well as experience in implementing strategies and of defining and establishing procedures.
• Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards.
• Pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement within the department and acting upon findings to initiate improvements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to present information both to technical and non-technical customers/stakeholders, in appropriate media and form.
• Ability to motivate and coach individuals to develop their skills enabling them to achieve their best and to contribute to the overall success of the team.
Kiewit Corporation - 16 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...