Houston Role synopsis The NAG survey team provides survey and positioning support to the entire North America Gas organization from exploration through to decommissioning. The team is responsible to work with Land Negotiators, Reservoir Engineers, New Well delivery, Seismic delivery and Permitting to insure wells and other BP activities are located in safe, compliant and correct locations and are responsible for oversight of day to day surveying activities for well locations, pipelines, and boundaries across NAG. Survey is part of GeoSpatial Delivery in NAG including GeoInformation, GIS, Survey and Cartography.
Much of the work that the survey team is involved in is safety critical to operations and requires verification of work plans, procedures and data before during and after an operation is completed. The role of survey is often not fully understood within the organization since a large amount of activity occurs off critical path and behind the scenes. Survey is however critical to the organization for continued safe operations and the value is recognized by NAG leadership.
The goal of the survey team is to ensure that survey data, procedures and equipment are provided to enable safe, reliable and efficient operations.
NAG is currently recruiting for the role of Survey Team Lead for its Houston-based Survey Team. The role of Survey Team Lead will be to lead the execution and delivery of survey support to NAG projects within the boundaries of globally defined segment practices.
As the Lead for the team you will have the opportunity to help build and manage a high performing team of BP employees and contractors which has seen an increase in workload and engagement in operations. Projected activity for the survey team is anticipated to remain strong and therefore the team is expected to play a crucial role in ensuring delivery of installation and inspection programs in 2012 and beyond. Key accountabilities Primary job duties of the role include:
Contributions to the S&OR Agenda include:
- Lead and motivate the survey team through actively participating in project work and providing guidance as required to assist with delivery of survey initiatives.
- Ensure optimal Survey Technical Support for BP NAG projects. Be the accountable party tp ensure all work is focused on and governed by appropriate BP mandated standards.
- Participate as an active member of the Survey and Site Investigation Community of Practice in order to help deliver global survey objectives and maintain connections with other regional survey teams.
- Pro-actively develop relationships with current and prospective internal clients in order to ensure that survey team is fully engaged and adding value.
- Engage with primary survey and positioning contractors to maintain relations, review performance and quality and ensure that BP’s future survey and positioning requirements are clear and can be delivered.
- Provide survey & positioning input to the Seismic Delivery Team to assure positional integrity of seismic data acquired in the field and loaded in the workstation. Provide assurance over positional integrity of traded seismic data.
- Responsible for assuring positional accuracy of final as-built well positions.
- Provide oversight, consultation and geodesy support to spatial data activities
BP's Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world's largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Removal Date 07-Oct-2012
- Participate as a key stakeholder for the development, implementation and review of survey related practices, guidelines and processes as they apply to ongoing operations. Liaise with appropriate discipline owners, other survey teams and the Survey & Site Investigation Community of Practice to ensure appropriate action.
- Optimize staff resourcing and assignments to ensure a mix of the right people for the right job - ensure that the skills, competence and experience of people assigned to specific tasks is commensurate with expected job requirements. Essential Education In addition to the required qualifications, the successful candidate would benefit from having :
- MS degree in Geoscience or a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience with GIS and Spatial Data Management Essential experience and job requirements To be considered for the role of NAG Survey Team Lead, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience (15+ years) of onshore Survey operations (e.g., Seismic Acquisition, Survey & Positioning support to Installation and/or Land Survey activities) and onshore exploration and production lifecycle support
- Prior experience (7+ years) leading Survey teams (Local and Remote - Company employees and Contractors)
- BS degree in Survey Engineering
- Professional Land Survey License(s)
- Thorough knowledge of fundamentals like geodesy, coordinate reference systems, and transformations for operations support and spatial data management
- Well developed survey industry networks (survey departments in other operators, survey contractors and equipment manufacturers)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading people through formal roles in team leadership
- Experience in business development.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills Desirable criteria & qualifications . Relocation available No Travel required Yes - up to 10% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP - 9 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business segments...