Retail Sales Representative - Des Moines, IA-1300012
Armstrong World Industries
Retail Sales Representative
Des Moines, IA
Incumbent will be directly responsible for covering all retail sales functions for the retail sales operation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executing a proactive business development campaign to qualify prospects, assess needs, and acquire customers in a retail setting
- Educating consumer retail customers on the process, timetables, executing expectations, factory production schedules, installation and delivery timetables and issue resolution
- Designing layouts and securing orders from customers
- Qualifying customers’ potential
- Providing project management service for jobs quoted, designed, and sold
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales budgets
- Preparing periodic reports as required
- Assisting in showroom appearance, upkeep, and ongoing design
- Assisting walk-in customers
- Minimal travel required (travel to locations to measure jobs)
§ Reports directly to the District Sales Manager
§ No direct reports
Will interface with Retail Customers, Builders, Outside Contractors, Material Suppliers, and Industry Groups.
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in design and/or sales
- A background including experience in cabinetry or design industry is preferred
- Project management skills and detail orientation
- Understanding of business dynamics and responsibilities with regards to budgets, expenses, and margin needs of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality and well organized
- Basic computer skills in MS Office Software (Word and Excel) and the Internet
- Experience in using 20/20 software for retail kitchen sales a plus
Primary Location: IA-Des Moines
Other Locations: TX-Addison
Armstrong - 2 years ago
Armstrong is a leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. Our innovative residential and commercial product designs,...