PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:|
Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Conduct investigation activity/research and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new technologies and their business impact.
- Lead in the development of standards and procedures and publish/communicate findings via IOI’s, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Review, validate & enhance design, conduct performance monitoring and capacity planning; install, test and upgrade releases and associated products.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities and tools.
- Set the strategy for implementing new technologies.
- In specialized systems (ie. SAP) effectively set options to change the way the program works (configuration responsibilities).
Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control. Post completion audit of project after implementation to verify expected benefits vs. costs, both development and operating. Project success is critical to the continued business success of the corporation.budget, expenses and major project completion. Skills/Experience Requirements 10-12 years of combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering (in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable).
SPECIAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Long Term Architecture Direction Setting by assisting in technology research, impact analysis and through participation on the technology Standards Reviews
- Responsible to maintain the Technology Roadmaps for their assigned domains by maintaining the relationships with solution and technology vendors.
- Responsible for conducting research on emerging applications technologies and identifying options that will increase cost effectiveness and business value
- Provide technical leadership in determining the right Solution architecture for new business capabilities during project initiation and planning.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of the solution architecture meets the business needs and is sustainable.
- Expertise in support of custom (e.g. .NET) and off the shelf systems (e.g. Documentum, Plateau, Assurx, etc.)
- At least 10 years of enterprise architecture experience
- At least 5 years of .NET development and architecture experience
- Demonstrable software development expertise
- 4+ Years of AJAX experience developing web based end user applications
- Experience implementing, tuning and debugging complex enterprise apps on IIS and/or Websphere
- Experience designing technical controls (for user interface), standard .NET, custom and third party
- Experience migrating VB applications to C#/ASP .Net
- Experience configuring and managing commercial-off-the-shelf technology/applications. (Documentum, Plateau, Assurx, IIS, etc)
- Experience and willingness' to provide excellent customer service and support and work help desk tickets
Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Equivalent experience is defined as six years combined experience in the above areas
- Application/Technical Architecture
- SQL Development
- Managing and/or working with third party workforce and specifications. This may include off-shore service providers.
- Specification writing
- Code evaluation and code quality evaluation
- Tools – FogBugz, Perforce, Visual Studio, Intersoft
Abbott Medical Optics - 12 months ago
Abbott Medical Optics, Inc. (AMO) is focused on providing the full range of advanced refractive technologies and support to help eye care pr...