As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Systems Engineer provides a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components. The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining end-to-end integrity of systems or sub-systems by defining the requirements architecture, conducting planning, implementation, testing, and providing operations and maintenance support. The Systems Engineer interfaces with the COTR and team members to ensure that all aspects of a technical solution are being properly executed and managed.
• Identify and analyze all or part of a component's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements
• Establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware and software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire systems or subsystem
• Work with other engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientists and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations
• Maintain frequent contact with customers, ensuring coordination and information flow between all programs and organizational managers
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Provide Tier 2 (24x7) support
• Support technical writing and documentation (i.e. technical configurations, diagrams, System Security Plans, site surveys, and operations manuals)
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Experience with VIP Cloud Architecture
Weblogic/Tomcat Admin, installation, deployment and datasources/Oracle session creation
MySQL installation and administration experience
Facile with advanced UNIX commands and scripting
Experience with software configuration management
Experience with SSL configuration, Putty/PsFTP
Experience with SVN administration
Experience with Linux server administration
Understanding of Project Management
Software Quality Assurance
Incident triage and investigative reporting experience
Windows Server Administration
Experience with XML editing
Experience with Oracle RAC architecture
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 22 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...