Under the general guidance of the Director of Sales and Marketing, solicit and coordinate all groups and events in the hotel, by liaising with all departments, and being the single contact point for the meeting planner. Maximize the sales of the hotel function space and coordinate a seamless booking process, Coordinate meeting planner party/function requests, ensuring all necessary approvals are obtained.
Duties & Functions:
· Solicit new Group and Catering leads to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
· Post all Group/Catering charges to folio and create final invoices to distribute to clients and ensure proper payment
· Prepare all Group/Catering Contract/Resumes & Catering Banquet Event Orders for all Groups/Catering programs
· Work with the Food & Beverage department and Chef to develop and enhance Catering Menus
· Manage all AV equipment inventory and rental requests for events and meetings
· Participate in weekly RevMax meeting, Sales Pipline, client pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required
· Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings to solicit new business – both Group and Catering
· Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
· Maintain weekly reporting of all definite, tentative (inquiries), lost business, etc
· Assist with overall operations of events - including first day client meet and greet
· Ensure that the function space is set up as required by the meeting planner and be the contact person on the day
· Manage and update the hotel function space booking program (i.e. Delphi)
· Coordinate private events in the Apartment, PDR, the Gallery and Woodward
· Adhere to the highest standards of professional contact with clientele, including a follow up call or letter to meeting planner post-event
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
· College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
· One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
· Ability to establish and master goals
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
· Maintains a sense of organization and ability to prioritize in a busy environment
· Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow MHG policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Morgans Hotel Group - 30+ days ago
Morgans Hotel Group (MHG) is part of a growing trend of staying in boutiques rather than shopping in them. The company owns (wholly or parti...