Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
We are seeking a Cognos Business Intelligence Senior Consultant to join our Tysons Corner, VA office location. In this role, you will deliver consulting services involving Business Intelligence solutions to multiple Baker Tilly clients. The position will require everything from business development & project scoping to solutions architecture, report development, dashboard development, SaaS based development, OLAP development, Data Modeling and project facilitation.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With a staff of more than 1400, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work directly with clients and participate in the full lifecycle of BI implementations, taking on roles beyond that of a developer when necessary. Candidate must be comfortable being involved in business analysis and testing tasks in addition to architecture and development
- Utilize application expertise, business knowledge and technical skills to successfully deliver Business Intelligence initiatives to Baker Tilly clients.
- Design, develop and support Data Models and BI Solutions based on Data Warehousing Methodologies
- Work with MS Project/Excel, Cognos 8 and TM1, Oracle, SQL Server, Virtual View Manager, Framework Manager, Cognos OLAP and various database platforms
- Contribute to the development and growth of Baker Tilly BI/CPM practice through thought leadership, speaking/publishing, mentoring junior consultants, and providing assistance to our sales and marketing teams
Successful candidates will have:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Management/Computer Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related program
- Must have previous Consulting experience with Commercial clients of a combination of Commercial and Federal Clients, preferably with a National Consulting Practice
- At least three years of hands on Business Intelligence development experience using the Cognos toolsets
- Experience implementing one or more Business Intelligence solutions on various platforms
- Experience developing complex BI reports for large user communities
- Solid understanding of Kimball and Inmon data warehousing methodologies
- SQL programming skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility to travel up to 100% as needed to client sites.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize...