Produce Manager-City Market 440 (Montrose, CO)
16400 S Townsend Ave
Montrose, CO 81401
We are seeking courteous, enthusiastic and skilled people to welcome our guests, model a ‘Customer 1 st ’ behavior and make them feel important and appreciated. Ideal candidates should be willing to learn the principles of our business, understand the demands of a high-volume retail position and demonstrate our commitment to honesty, integrity, safety, diversity, inclusion and respect.
The Produce Manager provides superior customer satisfaction through the management and leadership of the personnel. This will be done by maintaining high standards in produce quality, variety, selection, food and safety and sanitation. This is to be accomplished in accordance with Kroger’s policy on business ethics; through consistent and honest dealings with employees, vendors, customers and all outside parties.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Applied Learning- Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Composure - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Change - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Ability to handle stressful situations
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of basic math
· Ability to be flexible
Desired Previous Job Experience
· Retail Produce experience
· Retail management experience
Luke Clayton, Management Recruiter
How to Apply :
www.citymarket.com/careers , select the "Store Opportunities" link followed by the "Get Started" link. When prompted, enter ZIP Code 81401 and select City Market/King Soopers 440 from the list.
CAREER HUB: www.grocery.coloradojobs.com
TEXT ALERTS: Text KINGCITY to 447363
DRUG SCREENING: King Soopers/City Market adheres to the philosophy of a DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. To this end, we ask that our external Finalist Candidates PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN prior to any job offer being made.
Kroger - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard