Storage Services Sr. Advisor- Silver Spring, MD
Dell's Storage Services group is growing and we are looking for qualified individuals to participate in this growth with us. Our Dell Storage Services team works with leading-edge storage technologies and will provide Storage Professionals with career growth. In addition, the team works with many different industries (financial, healthcare, etc)in addition to Storage and Data Backup vendors. Join us to be a part of this dynamic team!
As Storage Services Sr. Advisor, you will implement and manage storage solutions tailored to specific client deliverables. In addition, you will ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment. You will be a member of a global team supporting IT infrastructure around the world. The primary duties will be related to support/administration (25% of position), and deployment (75% of position) of storage solutions.
- Implement and manage storage solutions tailored to specific client deliverables, including performance targets, multi-site replication, and targeted capacity management and reporting tools
- Responsible for defining, tracking, and maintaining data resources in the production IT environment
- Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment
- Work with key technical and business stakeholders to determine data and storage requirements and creates solutions to meet requirements
- Maintain storage area network (SAN) environment and/or network attached storage (NAS) environments. Typically, the Senior Specialist investigates complex storage issues and provides resolution on complex issues following standard incident, change request and problem management processes.
- Document storage infrastructure inventory
- Gather requirements, design, and implement solutions to meet customers' needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fiber Channel, FCIP, or iSCSI concepts and technologies
- Analyze both hardware and software products for evaluation and proof of concept
- Write technical documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop standard operating processes for storage support
- Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced team members and provides management support during customer quote and bid cycles
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- technical support and administration in one or more these storage products: SAN and/or NAS, Dell Compellent, EMC, NetApp
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Brocade or Cisco
- Experience delivering high customer satisfaction in a large, dynamic, and demanding customer environment is essential
- Ability to be on-call 2 weeks/quarter - 5AM-5PM
- ITIL V3 certification
- HDS (Hitachi Data Systems), IBM
- EMC or Compellent Certified Specialist
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 9 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...