At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
We are seeking a Sr Design Engineer in Duluth, GA.
Honeywell International is a $30-billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 95 countries around the world. Honeywell has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
The Automation & Control Solutions (ACS) Division of Honeywell is driving the revolution of its business and the industry. ACS provides products and services that give their customers the power to create and control efficient, safe, comfortable environments. This $10-Billion enterprise offers controls for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning; security systems, fire alarm systems, and energy management systems for all indoor environments. From home thermostats to large commercial building management systems, services, and controls, Honeywell ACS is clearly a global leader.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a $2.5 billion strategic business unit that improves the productivity and profitability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. HPS offers a full range of automation and control solutions to key vertical markets, including Energy, Pulp & Paper, and Chemicals/Pharmaceuticals, and develops/markets industrial automation systems and advanced software applications.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces part(s) or all of total functional design specifications under supervision.
- Produces technical design specifications
- Executes work assignment to appropriate standards and quality systems (Implementation, Test & Documentation) fully utilising standard builds and standardised work
- Coaches and supports assigned engineer(s) to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of their work assignments.
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan.
- Effectively communicates with customers to fully define and agree project requirements.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
- Reports progress and technical problems to project and engineering supervisor.
- Relates to and understands the clients business and requirements.
- Microsoft office tools and other business level applications
- Technically minded and an Integrative thinker – can think out of the box to create alternative solutions - inside and outside Honeywell scope of supply.
- Team player
- Engineering degree
- Good knowledge of products and solutions within Industrial Automation market
- A well developed sense of the customers business and their drivers
- Understands the unique value proposition of Honeywell’s offering
- Good knowledge of competitors’ solutions, value propositions, market strategies and position
- BS Degree
- 5 years process automation
- 3 years field equipment
- Industrial application experience
Search on Job Number 213017
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...