Reports To: Operations/Area/Facility Manager
Scope of Position :
This position is responsible for the day-to-day running of designated shuttle routes. Duties will include adherence to all federal DOT regulations regarding commercial vehicles and licenses including all proper pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required by the Department of Transportation and Central Parking policies and procedures.
Position Schedule : The shuttle driver position may be a full-time or part-time position. The facility or lot location, schedule, and shift are subject to change to meet operational or client needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
Shuttle Operations :
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Conducts the pre-trip inspection of the assigned shuttle bus before the start of every shift.
- Conducts a post-trip inspection of the assigned shuttle bus at the end of every shift and immediately report any deficiency to the supervisor.
- Follows proper fueling procedures as stated in Standard Operating Procedures for the shuttle service.
- Ensures compliance of route schedule.
- Obeys all local, state and federal laws regarding proper operation of shuttle bus including the wearing of a seatbelt.
- Assists all customers with luggage getting on and off the shuttle bus.
- Assists customers with any problems or special needs.
- Distributes lot location slips.
- Reports any suspicious activities to security as soon as possible.
Mental Requirements of Position • For safety purposes it is critical that the driver be alert at all times and follow safe driving procedures
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (up to 6 or 8 hours, less break);
- Ability to use hands and arms in repeated motions (opening manual passenger doors, steering the shuttle bus, etc.);
- Ability to perform pre- and post-trip inspection duties that may require stooping, bending, and other similar range of motions;
- Ability to safely and properly operate a hydraulic handicap lift;
- Possession and maintenance of a current medical certification card as required by DOT regulations;
- Ability to lift 75 pounds; and ability to assist customers with luggage;
- Ability to safely and properly operate a hydraulic handicap lift; a malfunction may require the lift to be operated manually;
- Ability to perform pre- and post-trip inspections that may require stooping, bending, and other similar range of motions; may also need to put fuel into bus and check fluid levels which requires gripping and moderate range of arm motion;
- Ability to keep interior of bus free of debris and exterior windows free of snow; both activities may require wide range of motion of arms, bending, reaching;
- Incumbent is exposed to all types of weather conditions when moving outside the bus to assist customers
Educational Requirements :
- Must be able to follow instructions/routes and communicate via 2-way radio
High School Diploma or GED preferred, CDL certified in the State as required.
Maintaining Proper Certifications :
All drivers must remain compliant with federal and local CDL requirements and are required to report any situation that disqualifies them from having a CDL certification. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, random drug testing, post-accident drug testing, medical certification and driver records.
Central Parking System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Central Parking System - 23 months ago