The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Customer Service Representative II/III Domestic position available at our Food Group Headquarters in Boise, ID.
Coordinates product order and delivery to internal and external customers. Acts as customer contact regarding pricing, scheduling, and shipping. Responds to inquiries through phone and e-mail and/or face-to-face contacts with customers and prospects about the company's products or services. Uses a computer system to track questions and answers as well as enter orders. Responds to inquiries requiring a written response with the use of standard or form letters. This position is responsible for payments, deductions, and rebate resolution. Under minimal supervision, the CSR works closely with Credit Analysts, Deployment, Logistics, and Simplot Food Group sales/brokers sales force to resolve rebate, bill back, and short payment issues. The CSR will process re-bills and credit memos to clear invalid deduction/deviations.
• Receives, coordinates, and processes orders, rebates, distributor program payments, trade spending, and bill backs from customers, brokers, and sales managers for shipments from manufacturing plants, FDC warehouses.
• Accountable for interfacing with production planning, scheduling, deployment, transportation and warehouse personnel to ensure inventory availability to meet current and projected customer needs.
• Answers product and distribution inquiries from sales, brokers and customers. Provides communication link between sales and distribution to facilitate prompt response. Promotes electronic processing whenever possible.
• Strong negotiation skills required to ensure timely & lowest cost delivery of products to our customers.
• Identify, track and resolve customer shipment and distribution related problems. Responsible for accurately resolving deductions, short payments, and re-bills to final resolution and/or repayment.
• Responsible for analyzing data and providing supporting documentation for re-bill processing. Provides back-up such as spreadsheets and deviation reports to support discrepancies in rebates.
• Communicates with customers, sales, brokers and buying groups on all issues related to bill backs, rebates, DPP, local marketing programs, and monthly volume reimbursement programs.
• Reconciles product and freight invoices and approves for payment Provides Accounting department with a monthly list of freight bills accrued for payment. May invoice customers or dealers directly and track receipt of payments.
• Identifies business and/or system process improvement opportunities. Develops a working knowledge of department business practices and participates in cross-functional training to provide backup to other team members.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school. Combination
of education and years of experience will be considered.
• Two plus year’s customer service experience and/or training.
• Knowledge: This is an intermediate level position to the CSR job family requiring a broad knowledge of customer service and distribution. Requires intermediate knowledge of JDE, BRIO and Microsoft Office Suite. This is an intermediate-level position, requiring solid knowledge of foodservice pricing, rebate, & chargeback processes.
• Must have a strong understanding of the pricing and deduction management system and possess solid knowledge of the financial system to track payments and access ledger inquiries.
• Skills & Abilities: Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, planning and organizational skills. Also excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The CSR II resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. Tasks and duties are frequently non-routine. Requires strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to multitask.
• The CSR II must provide prompt responses, follow standard procedures, be detail-oriented, and work effectively with Simplot Food Group sales/broker teams.
• Must also be able to prioritize tasks, communicate clearly and precisely, and analyze situations and provide alternative solutions.
• The incumbent must also be able to process moderately complex data and present it to the customer in an understandable format.
• This position requires a basic knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to balance accounts.
• Must also perform semi-complex analysis and querying capabilities in Brio and haves strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
J.R. Simplot Company - 14 months ago