Futures Group is seeking a Deputy Director to work in our Washington DC office to support an anticipated USAID project titled Knowledge for Health (K4H). This position will be reporting to the Project Director.
- Meet with senior officials in target client organizations to understand and advise on their strategic directions, policy priorities, and programs and present relevant solutions
- Conduct strategic analysis to identify, pursue, and realize new business opportunities and programs, including formulating proposal strategy and proposal preparation
- Supervise and manage staff/people as appropriate in coordination with organizational operating paradigms and guidelines
- Develop organizational expertise and capabilities, over and above individual goals
- Lead, advise, and write sections of proposal efforts and key reports as appropriate
- Provide subject matter expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff and administrators as per project/program requirements.
- Design and implement collaborative partnerships to further the project’s central work.
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
- Use various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform tasks.
- Assist with programmatic functions, e.g., development of work plans and budgets.
- Ensure quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- May provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
- Participate in and/or prepare necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Organize as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Participate, and represent the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Guide and support research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities.
- Provide guidance to lower level staff members.
- An advanced degree (M.A., M.S., MPH, MPP, MPA, MBA, Ph.D., or M.D.) and at least 8 years of work experience
- At least 5-7 years’ experience leading, managing and implementing large international development projects, significant publishing/communications/knowledge management experience,
- Strong program management skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience working internationally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills..
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% time.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required. Preference will be given to candidates with working proficiency in additional languages
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Economy class travel
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Futures Group Global - 2 years ago