Associates degree required
The EMR Clinical Analyst - Laboratory is a clinical information systems analyst responsible for support and maintenance of day-to-day operations of the Network Laboratory Information System (LIS), the associated database for the Clinical Laboratory including: General Laboratory, Microbiology, Blood Bank and Anatomic Pathology and the interfaces connecting the Laboratory Information System (LIS) to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in accordance with organizational and departmental policies, procedures and objectives. Duties include, but are not limited to: device configuration, mapping in the LIS application and the EHR. Will be responsible for identifying, reviewing, testing and installing all system critical fixes per vendor specification. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the laboratory application and the associated application systems by proactive support, verification and documentation of testing and/or modifications performed. Will work the error queues associated with LIS and EHR interfaces including Iatrics, Labdaq, Sonora Quest, and Labcorp to resolve issues in a timely manner. Coordinates assigned projects for laboratory departments. Serves as a liaison and resource between Laboratory, Information Technology, and Nursing departments. Serves as an internal subject matter expert for the EMR team in formulating business requirements, technical / configuration specifications, system design, workflow development, test, install, dictionary builds, support and release management of critical new laboratory functionality.
1. Performs day to day support and maintenance of Laboratory Information Systems and associated interfaces via proactive monitoring and identification of workqueues and troubleshooting activities. Interacts with key laboratory staff, vendors, and internal EMR staff in managing laboratory information system needs and objectives.
2. Acts as a liaison between patient care departments, information technology, and network laboratories. Serves as a resource for laboratory information system issues.
3. Maintains project status communication with appropriate staff.
4. Leads lab project teams and represents the lab on other project teams
5. Implements upgrades, patches, and customs as required; includes analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation.
6. Performs functions related to the maintenance of the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
· Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, Information Technology, or related field
· 2 years in the role of a lab information systems analyst (Meditech, Epic, Cerner, Sunquest, McKesson or any other major LIS vendor)
· Laboratory Information System (LIS) database
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 19 months ago