Position: Sr. Linux/Unix/RedHat Sys Admin
Location: Fort Worth, TX (Need Locals)
Duration: 12 Months
1. Unix/Red Hat
2. o/s Scripting skills
3. Bash/Pearl/Python (they should have at least two of them)
4. VMWare ESX cluster support
- General Duties:
- Assists with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure.
- Work with internal groups to troubleshoot and analyze system load, performance issues and other system metrics
- Administer and support Redhat and SuSe Linux environments in both a production and development environment
- Design and implement new system builds and configurations for deployment to the organization
- Support a medium sized VMWare ESX deployment with 400+ VMs
Nice to have Experience
- VMWare ESX 4.0/5.0
- VMWare ESX Cluster Support
- Redhat Enterprise Server
- Novell SuSe Linux Enterprise Server
- Nagios Monitoring System
- CFEngine Configuration Management
- Multi-data center experience
- Strong volume group/file system skills
- Strong system analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Hands on system equipment experience (rack and stack, physical wiring)
- LDAP/AD Authentication Integration (Quest Authentication, Native LDAP/AD, etc.)
- IBM AIX Experience
- Oracle RAC Experience
- MySQL Experience
- Java Application Troubleshooting
- Shell Scripting
- VMWare Cloud/SRM Experience
Help Desk Administration
- Performs basic and more complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Installs and upgrades systems.
- Answers all basic trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients to resolve basic and complex help desk issues in a timely manner.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Participates in the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Promotes responsible usage and care of NHS equipment.
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow Innovators.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipates internal client needs before they arise and presents solutions to company project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal clients and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new Innovators through NHS' interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs
Monster - 16 months ago