The primary responsibility of this position is to safely operate a National Car Rental / Alamo Rent A Car shuttle bus between the airport and the rental facility, transporting customers picking up and returning vehicles in a courteous and helpful manner.
This candidate must successfully pass a DOT medical physical prior to starting employment.
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet each customer personally in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Operate the courtesy shuttle in accordance with all laws and regulations while following company policy to ensure a safe and pleasant operating environment
- Assist customer(s) load and unload luggage, enter and exit vehicle and miscellaneous customer needs
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Provide appropriate local information, distribute maps and handouts as required
- Communicate with office and other drivers via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- If a CT resident, must have a "f" endorsement or a CDL with an "f" endorsement.
- No more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record in the past 3 years. No drug or alcohol related incident on driving record in the past 3 years.
- Previous driving experience in a similar vehicle (large shuttle van or bus) required
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Must be able to lift between 25 and 50 pounds to assist customers with their baggage.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to work at Bradley International Airport and be willing to work for $9.35 per hour.
- Apart from religious observances, must be able to work the following schedule:
- Schedule - Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday from 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
This position is subject to DOT requirements including a valid DOT medical card.