(Primary purpose of the position.)
As one of the primary team members to the Operations team, this position is responsible for providing 7x24x365 on-site presence at the Orlando Data Center and performs 1st level triage of all issues in the RDC. Monitors, maintains, installs, configures, and supports multiple platform/server environments including Dell, HP and IBM as well as EMC and IBM SAN hardware and network LAN/WAN equipment including Cisco necessary to support IT&S clinical and business applications. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair hardware and network issues as required. This position also processes all Legato, TSM and Compellant media that is sent to and received from Iron Mountain. In addition, this position ensures that environmental equipment is monitored to make certain HVAC, UPS’s and generators are operational and alarms are escalated as described in operating procedures. Assist in maintaining proper security for the Regional Data Center by following the established Standard Operating Procedures by providing approved badge access to individuals requiring access to the raised floor. Must be able to assess situations, prioritize tasks and take appropriate actions for repairs to equipment and reconfiguration of hardware and software to meet schedules. Acts as the main focal point for issues in the RDC by documenting, analyzing, and solving of problems. Interacts with other departments, and shifts to ensure that all systems are operational and available as defined by service level agreements and work progresses smoothly without interruption. Interacts daily with users, system support personnel, operations support personnel production control personnel, and customer engineers to ensure agreed-to-levels of reliability and availability are met. Must be self motivated, able to work with little to no supervision and proficient with Microsoft Office applications for daily work.
(The essential responsibilities and accountabilities of this position including interactions with other departments and outside vendors, if applicable, in PRIORITY order.)
· Monitors all platforms proactively for possible operating system degradation, bottlenecks and hardware / software performance to maintain high availability and reacts to avoid unscheduled system outages.
· Technical Skills - Good working knowledge of multiple Operating systems including Windows. Knowledge of multiple server platforms such as Intel based processors. Demonstration of basic networking skills including LAN/WAN technologies, TCP/IP, Switches and routers.
· Coordinate problem determination / problem resolution efforts for all supported applications and operating systems.
· Assists with monthly Window patching.
· Assists in compiling monthly metrics.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint for daily work.
· Have a working knowledge of cable plant procedures and be able to physically run cables according to maps.
· Report hardware availability, document outages, and repairs when required.
· Utilizes system software tools such as BMC Patrol, Remedy, and Site Scan applications to help maintain and support the environment of the data center.
· Interacts with technical support personnel to resolve hardware / software issues.
· Documents processes and procedures for all standard operating procedures.
· Able to work with little or no supervision.
Responds promptly to customer needs: Responds to requests for service and assistance: Meets commitments.
· Writes clearly and informatively: Able to read and interpret written information.
· Remit written reports at the end of each shift that is clear and concise.
· Oral communication is clear and able to respond to audible directions.
· Upholds organization values by adhering to Ethics and Compliance statement.
Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
NT operations and utilities
AIX operations and utilities
Unix operations and utilities
Meditech operations and utilities
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Excellent interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
(Specific statements of physical effort required and description of work environment; e.g., prolonged sitting at CRT.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
Prolonged sitting at CRT.
Required to work holidays and weekends as scheduled.