The Clinic Nurse assists to provide patient care in an office/clinic environment for patients of all ages, infants to geriatrics. Prepares the patient and assists the physician for exam and treatment. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit and of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to collect data reflective of the patient status and assist to plan patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed by the patient group. May coordinate care for the patient to provide patient and family education. Provides assistance to patients in an office/clinic environment. Prepares the patient and assists the providers for exam and treatment. Other duties as requested by the director or supervisor.
1. Require graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current MO licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
3. Current BLS certification.
4. Minimum one year experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of medication administration, patient care procedures and clinic/office protocols.
6. Ability to tolerate lifting, walking, bending and standing for long periods of time.
7. Emotional perseverance in working with others.
8. Working Conditions: Will be exposed to infections and unpleasant conditions. Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more.
9. Maintain confidentiality.
Audrain Medical Center - 18 months ago