Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
With many positions offering relocation packages, learn more about Life in Phoenix
Reporting to the Merch Marketing Director, the Brand Manager position, proprietary brands, will play a leading role in the management and marketing of our current consumables proprietary brands and development of new proprietary brands, if necessary. They will be responsible for managing and developing these brands through cross-functional collaboration in our fast growing retail environment. He/she is an experienced marketing leader that can help drive PetSmart's proprietary brand strategies and processes for multiple proprietary brands. He/she must have a strong understanding of proprietary brand strategies as well as traditional brand and marketing (planning and execution) management. Substantial prior brand management/marketing experience will be required.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction and execution for all PetSmart consumable Proprietary Brands - includes ensuring consistent brand execution that follows brand positioning across product categories, following "good, better, best" strategy.
- Manage product positioning for consumables proprietary branded product and play a supportive role in product development & definition, as well as assortment recommendations.
- Lead all Marketing initiatives for proprietary brands; including planning, management and execution of in-store promotions, signage, product displays/shippers, CRM initiatives (email and direct mail campaigns), , Advertising initiatives, web and online marketing, associate excitement/educational initiatives, store demos and sampling/couponing programs.
- Support all new product/brand launches by developing and executing a fully integrated launch plan.
- Managing, planning and execution of proprietary brand customer/consumer research.
- Providing proprietary brand packaging strategy and direction utilizing consumer research, customer insights and competitive evaluations.
- Develop annual proprietary brand marketing budget and plans, aligning with the Proprietary Brands and Merchandising teams.
- Develop and propose innovative plans to enhance and grow proprietary brands within the brand range as defined by PetSmart's Proprietary Brand initiatives and goals.
- Manage external agencies relating to PetSmart's Proprietary Brand marketing initiatives.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
- BA/BS in Marketing, MBA is preferred
- 6+ years of brand management experience (CPG or Retail)) with ability to manage multiple brands
- Track record of successful brand management and new brand development. Experience with brand repositioning
- Team player with strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate within all levels of the organization as well as with external partners and agencies
- Highly organized, strong project manager with ability to multi-task and prioritize for optimal project execution
- High degree of ownership and initative
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 17 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...