As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate.
Requires 10-15 years experience.
The Communications Manager:
- Supports and maintains communications protocol configurations for all systems
- Defines Communications Services requirements and policies
- Coordinates with communications services providers
- Provides multiple alternative communications channels, including voice messages, e-mail, Intranet.
- Supports and maintains Communications Engineering and Architecture (including Phone Equipment (PBX/Analog and VoIP), Voice Network, Voice Messaging, Directory Listing Services, Audio and Data Conferencing, Fax Servers, Cable Management, Call Center and IVR Services, Video Services, Video Conferencing, Webcasting and Streaming Services, Target Vision and DirecTV)
- Meets the US Mint's business needs for highly available, scalable, reliable, and secure Communications Services
- Provides Communications Services with features and functions that meet end-user needs and meet United States Mint business requirements
- Provides consultation on Communications Services strategies and requirements
- Provides Communications Services design and engineering to meet US Mint strategies and requirements
- Provides fraud prevention, detection, and reporting
- Provides consultation for the acquisition of Communications Services and associated infrastructure
- Manages and maintains US Mint equipment and circuits for all US Mint facilities
- Coordinates with communications services providers
- Coordinates with the US Mint for communications infrastructure
- Coordinates Service delivery with Service Desks, as well as other support groups within each of the other Service Areas, in coordination with Customers
- Provides VIP Support Services as necessary
- Manages and monitors connectivity between all communication services locations
- Maintains the communication service lines and circuits to meet the SLR availability targets
- Serves as a single-point-of-contact for all communication services needs
- Coordinates with inter exchange carriers to provide connectivity
- Identifies possible product and enhancement opportunities for improved performance and potential cost savings
- Manages SLRs and coordinate daily operation with third-party voice Contractors (including LECs, carriers, and hardware and software maintenance providers)
- Meets with US Mint management prior to any disruption of existing service for the purpose of jointly establishing a cutover schedule for all parts of any new system
- Define Communications Services requirements and policies for all services within the scope of the SOW
- Recommends Communications Services requirements based on industry best practices
- Develops, update, documents, and maintains Standards and United States Mint Procedures Manual for all Communications Services functions
- Performs analysis of the US Mint environment, including acquiring US Mint management team feedback, to identify the appropriate sets of skills, training, and experience needed to support all of the services covered in Communications Services
- Engineers, installs, operate, maintains, and manages the Communications Services equipment needed to support the United States Mint's operational requirements
- Contributes to the knowledge management activities by communicating problem solutions to the Service Desk
- Proactively provides the Service Desk with system outage information.
- Maintains a continuous improvement program that improves delivery for all services defined under Communications Services
- Performs root cause analysis on systemic issues, recommending solutions or elevating unresolved issues to the appropriate support personnel.
- Maintains and provides escalation contact list(s) for all Service Areas (including third parties, such as vendors and Contractors)
- Develops functional and technical requirements for new Communications Services projects
- Communicates with appropriate personnel to ensure a smooth promotion of approved hardware and software into production in accordance with US Mint procedures
- Provides additional resources as needed during planned and unplanned critical events using the pre-defined hourly rates, and based on predetermined response time requirements
- Coordinates and make available environment documentation to the United States Mint (i.e., network configuration, and inventory of hardware/software to be supported)
- Maintains and provides Management Dashboard and audit information for Service-Level Objectives and Service-Level Requirements in a near-real-time, web-accessible and query-able format
- Complies with all US Mint security policies
- Maintains and provide audit information including access, general logs, and application logs in accordance with United States Mint's security policies and Department requirements
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 11 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...