Assists the Chef in general operation of the food production area. Organizes, prepares, and cooks food products following recipes, standards and menu plan.
1. Sets up the cafeteria and patient tray line for service, ensures ingredients/menu items are pulled from storage and oversees preparation. Cooks food products following recipes and quantity/quality standards.
2. Stores all food products, rotates stock, refrigerates and/or freezes and pulls items from storage, as necessary. Ensures standards for freshness and quality are adhered.
3. Provides replacements for items for cafeteria and patient tray line, ensures quantity of food being produced meets demand in order to avoid excess/leftovers and waste.
4. Maintains a safe and clean work area. Follows all standards set for department re: cleanliness, safety and health requirements.
5. All other duties as assigned
Exposed to heat, steam, cuts, bums, equipment, and slippery floors, but risks are diminished when precautions and safety standards are adhered to.
Stands for entire shift. Lifts up to 40 pounds daily.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary - 9 months ago