Carrier Sales Representatives play a crucial role at Pin-Point by building strong relationships with service providers, ensuring that our customer’s freight is delivered cost-effectively, safely, and on-time.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide and negotiate freight rates to motor carriers (and internal sales team as needed), ensuring maximum profitability on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.
- Coordinate available customer freight with available motor carrier equipment.
- Consistently provide service and support to motor carriers in an effort to build the business relationship.
- Maintain a file of all open truck shipments and of records of trailers in assigned areas.
- Communicate with motor carriers to schedule trucks and resolve issues.
- Verify all freight charges, confirm receipt of Bill of Lading, and resolve all payables discrepancy prior to final payment to motor carrier.
- Monitor Bill of Lading discrepancies to ensure proper return of commodity is arranged, as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
To join our team, the successful candidate must possess the following skills/credentials:
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to change focus quickly due to demands of market conditions and/or company needs
- Logistical planning or routing experience a plus
Pin-Point Logistics specializes in minimizing each and every one of our client's transportation and shipping costs by...