Under close supervision of the assigned supervisor, is responsible for providing safe humane handling and attentive care of court-held animals at all times and maintains clean and healthy environment for the animals.
1. Responsible for thorough cleaning of all animal areas, including inside and outside runs, flooring, dishes, bedding and for proper disposal of waste and other trash around the kennel areas.
2. Responsible for feeding and watering of all animals, providing special diets as directed.
3. Picking up and restocking supplies and food as needed following established procedures.
4. Performing basic grooming, medical treatments as directed, and walking of the animals on leashes following established schedules.
5. Identifying potential medical issues and brings to the immediate attention of the supervisor.
6. Maintaining daily maintenance log.
7. Performing repairs to kennel facility and surrounding areas including light carpentry work.
8. Utilizing a County vehicle from the station to and from the facility to perform duties.
1. Clearing weeds and other debris as needed to keep areas safe and neat.
2. Performing other related duties as assigned
Education. High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience. A minimum of six (6) months experience in the care and handling of kenneled animals.
Licenses/Certifications. V alid Class D driver’s license is required
Other (e.g., post-offer medical exam, polygraph, background check, driver’s license record, etc.). Backgound check and driving record.
· Humane animal handling, care and treatment of animals.
· Behavioral and health characteristics of animals
· Correctly and humanely applying a variety of animal handling techniques to restrain
· Safely using a variety of tools to clean areas, including hand tools.
· Make sound decisions in accordance with existing law, regulations and policies.
· Accurately and legibly post updates to maintenance log and other written reports.
· Handle sensitive and confidential matters and situations
· Interpret information accurately and make decisions from a variety of sources accurately
· Comprehend and make inferences from material written in the English language
· Organize and coordinate tasks according to established guidelines
Doña Ana County, NM - 17 months ago