Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. At Netflix, we are building new cloud management tools, pushing the limits of cloud-based technologies, and powering our explosive growth while at the same time improving the availability and reliability of our services.
You are an expert in distributed, highly concurrent, web-scale systems that are fault-tolerant and run 24x7 with unparalleled availability. You are a talented devops engineer and you thrive on managing and maintaining a reliable environment that others depend on.
Our team has three main goals:
You possess these qualities:
- Create alerting solutions to detect issues before our customers do, fix them automatically if possible, and if not, contact the right people as quickly as possible.
- Write tools to help empower engineering teams across the company to deploy with no production impact.
- Take charge of outages, lead the calls until they are resolved, and make sure the root cause has been found and fixed.
You have these skills:
- You see the big picture delivering a 24x7 service
- You are effective working with multiple teams
- You have high standards in everything you do
- You can balance multiple tasks
You may even have these skills:
- Strong scripting and programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment
- Fluent in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
- Familiar with the Java platform, especially JVM configuration and JMX
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and effectively participate in system down crisis situations
- Prior experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- Building systems deployment and service management automation tools
- Building Rails/Django/Pylons web applications
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies
Netflix - 2 years ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...