EDW Data Quality/Release Engineer II-INF0002724
Enterprise Data Warehouse – EDW Release Management and Quality
About the General Motors Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team:
GM has recently announced numerous steps to strengthen its position as a global automotive leader. GM is constructing an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) as one of the cornerstones to achieve this objective. As a member of the EDW team you will play a significant role in helping GM implement one of the largest data warehouses in the world. GM is seeking dynamic individuals who will leverage their industry knowledge and experiences to design, architect, deploy, and manage this data warehouse.
About the role:
The position is responsible for the maintenance and appropriate testing and optimization of EDW based applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s approved methodology. This is a senior position requiring the planning of system regression tests and/or assistance in the production support of applications based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Activities will include Operational Support, Quality Assurance or Performance Optimization activities.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned systems and database engineer with 7-10 years of experience maintaining applications in large organization. They will be:
Responsible for developing project artifacts, inclusive of requirements definition, design, architecture (logical/physical), testing and transition to sustain documentation
Support evaluation and recommendation of new security technologies, processes and methodologies. Conducts these reviews in a timely manner in order to support project timing requirements while balancing the need for architectural conformance with business needs.
This individual will work closely with other members of the EDW Quality team to help identify and resolve application runtime issues and root cause analysis.
- 4 Year IT College Degree/Masters preferred. Equivalent work experience acceptable
- 7-10 years of proven software development and maintenance experience.
- Proven experience in supporting business processes and systems
- Proven experience in providing data analysis and investigating data anomalies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, work both with a team and individually
- Experience developing software using industry best practices in lifecycle application development, using standard frameworks and coding patterns
- Proven ability to performance tuning SQL and provide additional software improvements.
- Experience complying with IT standards.
- Proven ability to proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Ability to efficiently validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed solution
- Experience in solving complex technical IT security problems through appropriate and cost effective application of current technological components.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully translating business strategy, objectives, and future-state capabilities into implied security requirements while maintaining traceability between them through deployment and benefits realization.
Why General Motors?
- Experience working with MPP database platforms a plus
- Advanced SQL skills
- Contribution to Incident Management and Investigations activities.
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value. The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is at the center of this IT transformation.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Oct 4, 2012, 11:01:31 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 10 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...