The Aircraft Structures Mechanic performs a wide variety of moderately complex mechanical/structural removal, installation, repair and modification on aircraft.
Interprets and follows engineering drawings, work instructions, assembly instructions and checks work correctness.
Checks, tests and troubleshoots systems for conformance to specifications.
Resolves installation problems.
Also perform aircraft modifications per IAW military T.O.'s, commercial maintenance manuals, and service bulletins.
Sets highest ethical standards for self and others.
May be a Service Contract Act (SCA) covered position.
Performs other related tasks as required.
The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- With H/S or GED must have a minimum of 4 years experience as a sheet metal mechanic in the aircraft industry.
- Aircraft related Assoc degree or A&P license a minimum of 2 years experience as a sheet metal mechanic in the aircraft industry.
- Must have experience with basic hand tools and have knowledge of mechanical skills.
- Requires the ability to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O. specs and engineering specifications.
- Ability to assemble close tolerance parts and use hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet gun.
- Must wear approved PPE.
- Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed. L-3/IS will provide the material to complete this task.
- May be required to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles.
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
L-3 Platform Integration is a recognized leader in aircraft modification and special mission system integration, offers challenging and rewarding assignments across a broad spectrum of aircraft modification programs. The Platform Integration Division provides innovative solutions for major structural modifications and systems integration to military and commercial aircraft. The division has primary operations in Waco, TX and throughout the U.S.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L-3 Communications - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...