Scope of Position: Direct production and maintenance operations and coordinate with engineering and other staff functions to achieve plant cost, quality, and service objectives while meeting all safety, health, and environmental requirements. |
- Assist in the development of an operating plan aligned with division, business, and manufacturing strategies to meet key performance objectives.
- Lead execution of operating plan to meet manufacturing and commercial objectives.
- Assure manufacturing capability and performance improvement in support of division, business, and manufacturing strategies.
- Provide focus and direction to plant personnel to assure knowledge and support of plant manufacturing priorities and requirements.
- Maintain and assure efficient operation of all plant assets and equipment.
- Meet all safety and environmental regulatory requirements. Create and maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assure growth in talent and capability of the plant operations staff.
- Build effective relationships within the business, plant staff groups, and with key customers and suppliers where required.
- Champion Lean and other corporate manufacturing initiatives as required.
- B.S. or equivalent technical degree
- Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Progressive responsibilities in operations and/or engineering leadership, including operations or engineering department supervisor experience.
- Experience in leading teams and departments in meeting continuous improvement goals, step change performance improvements, innovation, expanding technical capability, work redesign or other change efforts.
- Experience coordinating activities within functional responsibility and collaborating with other groups to achieve results.
- Demonstrated track record of growing talent.
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Directing Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Command Skills
- Drive for Results
- Financial Analysis & Management (Manufacturing)
- Manufacturing and Operations Management
- Manufacturing Strategy Formation and Execution
- Experience with multiple manufacturing processes
- Experience in staff or project roles such as Quality or Applications Engineering, Supply Chain, or a project assignment
- Exposure to global manufacturing and business through work or project assignments.
- Exposure to and understanding of the corporate network and resources.
- Performance Excellence
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Compliance
- Supply Chain Management
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Cornings history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers unique and changing needs with original solutions for todays emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the worlds most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...