Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Material Handling Laborer
Type of Position:
This position is contingent upon contract award and is located at Ft. Polk, LA.
• 1 year experience supporting inventory, stow and issue of material in an automated warehousing environment utilizing Distribution Standard System.
• Must be able to pass a 10 year background check for a security clearance.
• A high school diploma or GED, directly related experience may be substituted for education.
• Good computer skills and typing efficiency are a must.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must hold a valid driver's license/insurance.
• Perform other duties and required.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
• Continued employment may require ability to obtain and maintain specific equipment operator’s license/certification.
• Perform other duties as needed to accomplish mission and ensure customer service.
Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work performed primarily in warehouse environment under moderate noise conditions, with some work performed outdoors, occasionally in harsh weather conditions. Will be required to work on or near various warehouse operating equipment. Must be able to recognize and respond to audible and visual signals associated with equipment and warehouse operations, emergency evacuations, etc.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English”
Full time positions are available. Performs a range of duties in the receipt, stow, and issue of material. Ensures that items being processed are done in accordance with the customer's requirements. Inspects, inventories, and documents incoming and outgoing shipments of merchandise / property. Performs COSIS, stows, issues, and ships commodities. May operate forklifts, automated storage modules, and automated stow/pick vehicles, etc. Validates inventory balances and performs pre-adjustment research. Conducts special inventories and inspections. Updates official stock records. Performs other duties as assigned.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. The individual and supervisor assure that the degree of risk is reduced to the lowest level. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Qualified candidates must apply online to be considered for a position.
URS Corporation - 10 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...