Troppus Software Corporation, located in Boulder, CO, is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS). Their mission is to materially reduce the cost and complexity of customer care related to technology. To help facilitate this they built Digital Life | Now™ Customer Service & Support Delivery Platform and Service Delivery Platform, next-generation suite of support modules and customer care applications that can be used independently, to materially drive down support costs associated with customer care and/or provide a robust service delivery platform to drive new revenue.
As “SCM/Quality Assurance Manager”, you will be responsible for leading all quality assurance activities, including automated script development and UI testing for the Troppus Digital Life|Now™ (DLN) Customer Service & Support Delivery Platform and associated application modules: DLN Service Operations Center (SOC) Agent Application, Client Application(s), Semantic Knowledge Management System (SKMS), Application Framework and User Interface Extensions across the SOC Agent, Semantic Knowledge Management System (SKMS) and Service & Support Delivery platform. Responsibilities also include SCM (Build and continuous integration management, installers, & software deployment) support and development.
- Develop deep understanding of the currently employed technologies, data models, application functionality and development process.
- Participate in full product lifecycle (Agile driven) development of system components.
- Assess and advise on best practices for enhancing application quality in terms of development process, release, and support.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Provide usability feedback to the product development team.
- Create and maintain databases of known test defects and work with engineers to resolve issues.
- Manage and improve upon the defect management workflow.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Design and develop automated testing tools and leverage existing automated test frameworks.
- Lead and direct the QA resources
- May require some international travel
- Orchestrate the assignment and revision of work performed by team leads, systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Provide direct support for testing procedures, security implementations and user help system(s).
- Review project/product plans in order to plan and coordinate project/product QA activities.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Prepare and review operational reports or project/product progress reports.
- Ability to identify where automation can be applied vs. repeated human interaction.
- Experience with Telerik WebUI or Ranorex test automation tools; experience testing Microsoft Silverlight applications a plus.
- Experience with soapUI or other SOAP test automation tools a plus.
- Experience with .NET 3.5 +, MSBuild, CruiseControl.NET or other continuous integration environments a plus.
- Experience with Flexera InstallShield 2011/2012 a plus.
- IDE: Understanding of Visual Studio .NET and the use of Visual Studio .NET 2005 or greater
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Message queuing, and WCF a plus.
- Database: Basic understanding of relational database concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Experience in Agile Practices and Methodologies (SCRUM/XP a plus)
- Experience using Source Code Management tool – Git experience a plus
- Experience working in conjunction with Agile Management (ALM) tools – Thoughtworks Mingle experience a Plus
- Very detail oriented with the ability to quality test your build and script implementations
- Proven track record engineering automated build environments
- Strong knowledge and passion for Software Configuration Management discipline and methodologies
- Experience working with a variety of mainstream SCM products and the scripting technologies used to create automated builds from them
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and the challenges with it
- Experience using scripting tools such as NANT/ANT, Perl, MSbuild, Rake, Maven and others
- Experience with Maven and internal Maven repositories a plus
- Experience with Agile release management and continuous integration systems, such as CruiseControl or Go/Cruise, TeamCity or other distributed build environments
- Experience using recent versions of Install shield up to and including ver. 2012 preferred
- Experience working with IIS 6 and IIS 7 environments
- Experience with Linux and OS X environments
- Experience testing windows, Mac OSX or web applications and performing quality assurance a plus
Additional Details Benefits of the position
- Confidence without an enormous ego
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently to meet defined development goals
- Critical thinking with strong creative problem solving skills
- Flexibility: work in a team environment, working non-standard hours when needed and approved, with the ability to work remotely or in an office as required or preferred.
- Able to work within change control disciplines and methodologies
- Experience or understanding of working in an Agile development environment
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar - 22 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...