Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Solution Architect IV to join our team in (Location).
The Cloud Client Computing (CCC) Solutions Domain is the vehicle through which Dell enables its sales teams to successfully identify and sell next generation end user computing solutions including Desktop Virtualization, Application Virtualization, User Profile Virtualization, Shared Desktop and other technologies across traditional fixed compute, Enterprise Mobility and Complex Graphics/Workstation workloads. By Identifying best-of-breed capabilities, offers, tools, and technologies that can be integrated across end user platforms, we heighten Dell's credibility in the marketplace, installing confidence in our ability to leverage pre-validated standards where possible but design, implement and maintain holistic CCC Solutions end-to-end. All of this is orchestrated through a comprehensive go-to-market plan which Sales, Marketing, Services and Product LOB's are aligned for maximum success. The result is an end user centric, customer-focused solution portfolio, consisting of simplified and consistent offers that leverage Dell IP and globally integrated capabilities, driving robust financial performance and increasing Dell's Cloud, Virtualization and Mobility services market.
The Cloud Client Computing Solution Architect is a quota carrying salesperson focused on technical presales support of particularly complex opportunities for Dell’s Cloud Client Computing and Desktop Virtualization solutions portfolio. The CCC Solution Architect will work in the field to help mentor, augment and support CCC Solution Engineering resources with particular focus on large and/or complex opportunities typically lasting 6-18 months. The CCC Solution Architect will also focus on partner and product development, executive visioning discussions, executive briefing presentations and other strategic activities to develop Dell’s presence in the marker. The Solution Architect carries the CCC quota for the overall business within a territory as well as assigned engagements in partnership with the balance of the sales pursuit teams and broader field sales organization. This role is an integral part of the Dell sales leadership team reporting to the regional Solution Engineering Director. The CCC Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring assigned engagements and engineering resources have the facts and tools necessary to craft the appropriate solution to meet customer needs,
- Senior Solution and Technical resource for all Dell sales teams, and work within the team to drive sales opportunities, demonstrations and knowledge transfer enabling business growth.
- Lead, direct and motivate technical, solution, product and sales teams
- Will have an intimate working knowledge on how to size, scope and position Dell’s products and virtualization solutions, leverage partner technologies and the broader resources inside and outside of Dell.
- Strong skills in identifying customer needs, relating them to Dell solutions leading toward devising an architecture, business case and implementation process which aids the sales process.
- Will have strong working knowledge of the sales process, including the identification of customer use cases, development of ROI models, and value-based selling.
- Possess a competitive knowledge of other offerings from major vendors and will be able to compare and contrast them to Dell’s offerings with an emphasis on how Dell’s advantages will impact the customer’s operational environment and ROI.
- Defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services including coordination of partner interests and resources as appropriate.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis and workshops within the most complex opportunities.
- Ability to integrate overall solution recommendations within the context of the overall account business plan.
- Ability to collaborate with related technical and services constituents to ensure Dell recommendations are customized when appropriate staying closer to global standard offerings when possible.
- Ability to quickly consume, assimilate and recommend options as market, portfolio and/or delivery options change.
- Provides project scoping.
- Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities.
- Coordinates external partners and specialists on pursuit activities.
- Assists sellers in creating strategy which generates solution demand
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on Dell’s Enterprise technology, platforms, solutions, products, and services.
- Relays customer feedback to assist with the future development and selling of Dell’s technology, products, and services.
- Sponsors and institutionalizes new and innovative ways of working in teams to meet customer needs/sales objectives.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- At this level, supports highly complex accounts.
- Works off a quota incentive plan.
- Gains access and manages relationships with customer senior level executives and IT decision makers
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell enterprise/client products and services leveraging validated designs where appropriate.
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment.
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team.
- Synthesizes market, industry and competitor data to anticipate how external factors will influence the differentiation of solutions therefore position of Dell.
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position Dell solution.
- Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution across breadth of Dell and third-party products and services.
- Senior level Solution Architect with expert understanding of Dell’s complex products and services portfolio.
- Leveraged as coach/mentor to others.
- Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups.
- Should have technically relevant experience designing solutions and supporting sales processes.
- Should have business relevant experience in terms of ROI and value based decision making in designing and supporting solution selling processes
- Should have sufficient enterprise compute operations, design and support processes in terms of integrated solutions selling
- Should have sufficient ability to translate complex technical solutions into consumable business value at all levels within a customer organization
- Should have sufficient communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage CIO, CFO, CTO and other senior customer executives as appropriate.
- 8-12 years of enterprise IT solution design, implementation, delivery and/or operations
- 5-7 years of Outside Technical Pre-Sales experience
- 5-8 years of related Virtualization/Cloud Sales experience.
- 5-8 years of related implementation and/or operational experience
- Must be able to collaborate effectively, independently, and with existing sales teams.
- Able to demonstrate a strong written and oral communications skills, exemplary technical skills, sales situation awareness, and good time management skills.
- Extensive travel is required for this position (50%+).
- Must be a self-starter and always seek opportunities to advance sales and industry presence for Dell.
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise IT architecture, virtualization protocols, in particular VMWare, Citrix, vWorkspace, MS, as well, as end points such as Wyse.
- Strong technical knowledge of traditional end user computing environments, software distribution, support models, patching and maintenance mechanisms such as SCCM and/or Altiris.
- Strong technical knowledge of traditional IT operations, integration and solution design factors including network impact analysis, assessment methodologies, integration, application integration, backup/recovery, high availability and fault tolerance, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- College degree is preferred as well as any relevant industry/ISV certifications.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...