Fintrac is seeking an experienced Agriculture Program Manager who is interested in becoming a member of Fintrac’s team in the US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas). The successful candidate will provide regulatory, contractual, and managerial guidance to multi-year USAID agricultural projects, working closely with their respective field staff and project specialists.
- Working with in-country project staff to manage all contract, budgetary and financial aspects of the project(s) to ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of project services and solutions;
- Providing liaison support for in-country project managers to Fintrac's US team, including problem solving, risk mitigation, resource acquisition, etc.;
- Liaising with project donor(s); managing all technical and financial reporting;
- Managing local and international subcontractors as well as all partner alliances in the field (including local NGO and other designated project partners);
- Fostering and managing field staff development;
- Contributing to activities in technical practice areas;
- Conducting regular in-country management visits to assigned project(s);
- Overseeing all project/program start-up and close-out;
- Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets while ensuring compliance with contractual obligations for multiple/simultaneous projects;
- Contributing to new business initiatives, including cost proposals;
- Assisting in contract development as needed;
- Providing monthly reports on the status of individual projects;
- Overseeing the annual financial audits of individual projects;
- Representing Fintrac at networking opportunities such as project events, client meetings and other project-related activities.
Fintrac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ability to work in an open, creative, multi-national, multi-cultural atmosphere on time-sensitive projects.
- 6+ years of experience in multi-year project administration and management from award to close-out .
- Proven results management experience from performance monitoring to technical intervention reporting .
- Proven ability to develop, monitor, and strategically manage project budgets .
- Demonstrated experience in contractual compliance, inclusive of USG regulatory knowledge (i.e., FAR, AIDAR) .
- Minimum of two years of applied field experience in developing countries .
- D emonstrated knowledge of agricultural development .
- Staff training and management experience required .
- Capable of working in both direct and matrixed reporting relationships.
- Excellent analytical and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (especially Excel) for the use in the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Language fluency in French or Spanish highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required; Master's degree preferred
- US citizenship, permanent resident or visa permitting work in the US is required
- Must be able to travel internationally as required.
Fintrac - 14 months ago
Fintrac, Inc. is a private agribusiness consulting group based in Washington, DC, with branch and affiliate offices in Central America, Afri...