The world is changing. Join the Riverlution! At Riverbed, we bring the world closer together so every person and every company can find the fastest way to the possible. Imagine if you could run applications up to 100 times faster over your WAN, reduce network traffic by up to 95%, and collaborate anywhere as if you were in the same room – you can! Riverbed is the worldwide technology and market leader in network performance and optimization solutions for companies of every size.
The Senior Linux Administrator reports to the Manager, I.T. and is directly responsible for designing and supporting the Linux infrastructure. This position is focused on production enterprise application delivery. This position interacts directly with all I.T. functional areas (e.g. I.T. Architecture, Network Engineering, Helpdesk/Desktop Support, Security & Compliance and Applications Development & Support). The successful candidate must excel at multi-tasking and have the ability to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment. The candidate will possess in-depth technical skills.
• Manage a 24/7 always on multi-tier Linux application delivery environment.
• Linux administration, performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, and account management.
• Proactive monitoring of server systems.
• Disaster Recovery management and testing.
• Participates in the development of policies, procedures, and resources that standardize the functioning of the IT infrastructure.
• Development of information security requirements, guidance and standards.
• Troubleshoot hardware, operating system, and application software problems.
• Provide escalation support to other system administrators.
• On-call rotation as needed.
• B.S. Engineering / C.S. / MIS degree highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge (3+ years) of Linux (Debian and/or Redhat) administration and multi-tier application production operations.
• Experience with Linux performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and security hardening.
• Strong knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, PHP, Java, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, CIFS, NFS, Postfix, BIND, SNMP, load balancers, and Linux system security.
• Strong system configuration experience (Puppet or CFEngine).
• Strong scripting (Shell, PHP, or Perl) skills a must.
• System monitoring (Zenoss, HP OpenView, etc).
• Strong database experience. MySQL replication and clustering highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of vSphere 5 environments.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team of senior system administrators.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be proactive, able to work with little to no supervision, detailed orientated and possess a strong work ethic.
• Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties. Must have operations experience in 24x7 environments.
The candidate should be able to discuss and explain their experiences as they relate to the job responsibilities and requirements.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. is a San Francisco company with excellent salary, options, and benefits. Our San Francisco offices are conveniently located near CalTrain, Muni, and BART.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 14 months ago