CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
- Remotely troubleshoot and repair user applications/services
- Respond to the escalation of trouble reports by isolation of problem and mobilization of resources capable of affecting a resolution in a manner which least disrupts customer service
- Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and performance
- Establish and maintain system requirements as identified by customer directives and as coordinated/established with network engineers, security requirements, program management and vendors’ capabilities
- Manage and participate in enterprise-level projects encompassing systems, networks, and SAN/NAS storage
- Perform system backups and recoveries
- Maintain and monitor anti-virus server and clients
- Maintain and monitor file, e-mail and backup servers
- Implement software patches and security updates as required
- React quickly and competently to identify, track, document, escalate, and resolve immediate network vulnerabilities/threats
- Conduct risk assessments to identify possible security violations
- Assess risk factors and advise on vulnerability to attack from a variety of sources and procedures and methods for protection of systems and applications
- Oversee/monitor technical status of systems and equipment to address potential technical problems
- Inspect and analyze equipment/systems performance to determine maintenance and repair requirements
- Develop and implement detailed standard operations procedures dealing with Network Support Center operations
- Provide project status to management
- Provide after-hours support on an on-call basis, as required
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience in Microsoft products to include Active Directory, SQL Server 05/08, Windows Server 03/08, Office SharePoint Server or Windows SharePoint Services Windows Server Update Services (SMS), and Exchange 2003 and 2007
- Experience in BMC Remedy Demonstrated advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience in information systems architecture, computer networking, telecommunications and communications protocols
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex problems quickly and effectively
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network security requirements and techniques for protecting computer systems/networks from viruses, data tampering, and unauthorized system entry
- Knowledge of long haul communications equipment such as SONET, ATM, fiber optical multiplexers and DWDM
- Understanding of LAN/WAN software/hardware technical support; familiarity with optical and IP products, particularly Ciena optical and Cisco IP routing devices
- Experience with broadband circuit maintenance/restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams to develop new solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; project professionalism in all aspects of personal appearance and customer interaction
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative
- Current Top Secret Clearance/SSBI is required
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field preferred
- MCSE, CCNA, Security+, GSEC, CISSP certifications strongly desired
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 21 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...