* Responsible for providing the Tier 2 support and serves on the front line as technical personnel on the System Administration team.
* Provides administrative support of Windows or UNIX systems.
* Duties include installing the operating systems, managing the configurations, managing the ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring the status of all systems and applications.
* Support installed applications and network services (NIS, DNS, LDAP, etc).
* Responsible for implementing operating system
enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of customer's systems
* 4 year degree in either Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems required or 8 yrs of total IT experience
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a System
* Familiar with writing shell scripts (Shell and Perl)
to automate administration functions and to parse
files is desired
* Technically proficient at installing, configuring
and maintaining Solaris and Red Hat Linux (both at a
physical and virtual environment)is desired
* Ability to work from a Command Line Interface (CLI).