Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) - Finance Intern
Job ID : 2013-15479
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 2/7/2013
Job Location: US-NJ-Upper Saddle River
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Category: Project/Temporary Workforce
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Program:
The Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) is a national internship program across various locations, functions, and businesses in Pearson North America. The program offers competitively compensated ten-week summer internships from June 3 – August 9, 2013 to students and recent college/university graduates (graduation date between January 2012 and June 2014).
To learn more about the Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) visit: http://www.pearsonstudents.com/get-involved/internships/index.html
For a complete list of internship opportunities visit: http://jobs.pearson.com/go/internship-jobs-at-pearson-education/333372/?utm_source=careersite&utm_campaign=PEIP2013
To Apply: Only applications submitted to this website will be considered. If you are applying for multiple internships, you must submit a separate application for each position.
This position is based in our Upper Saddle River, NJ facility.
The Financial Information Systems department's mission is to drive Pearson's financial information and data strategy in order to enable improved decision making in support of a world class financial function. Financial Information Systems (FIS) is a global team, responsible for delivery of financial reporting, management reporting, planning and analysis solutions for Pearson divisions with primary focus on Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (ePM) suit of applications.
The Business Analyst Intern will work closely with both the Business Units and FIS Personnel to evaluate the business drivers and system requirements, and will define systems strategies and specifications tailored to meet the business requirements. This person will be in contact with various business unit managers and work closely with the applications developers and project managers. In this capacity, the Business Analyst Intern is also a leader for change and process improvement. Additionally, the intern will participate and assist in system testing, training, implementation, support, coordinating, and facilitating requirements to deliver a complete application service to the business. The intern will be working with the latest Oracle Hyperion Tools and will gain exposure to Pearson's methods in how a Systems department functions. This is a great opportunity for someone to experience how a global function makes significant changes that impact a large group of business users in the way they report month end results.
The intern will have the following Responsibilities:
- Identify and document the underlying business needs to be addressed and obtain information related to the project requirements, often through conversations with
stakeholders/ business unit.
- Analyze key data related to the business such as core business reports/schedules, operating manuals, business guides, and other pertinent documents.
- Organizing, specifying, and validating the requirements to ensure they are complete and explicit for the Project Developer & Manager.
- Document proposed business solutions and requirements in a format that can be shared with stakeholders/ business unit.
- Support in the process of obtaining agreement with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the requirements relate to the business needs, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet FIS Department Standards.
- Assist with developing the Project Plan Activities and managing the requirements.
- Attend all project team meeting and document minutes.
- Work across functional areas and attend project meetings where different functional teams discuss problems and their solutions.
- Work with technical documentation to analyse processes for business improvement.
- Be involved in the development of business cases to support development.
- Graduation date between January 2012 – June 2014
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Able to participate in ten-week internship session: June 3 – August 9, 2013
- Proper authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume
Required Soft Skills
- Communication verbal and written
- Strong listening skills
- Team player
- Detail oriented
Required Technical Skills
- Accounting and analysis
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
- Software development life cycle
Pearson Education - 10 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...