SeniorCare - Part-time position (not benefits eligible)
Job Summary: Facilitates general group activities not associated with treatment plans and assists in management of the program’s inventory of supplies, crafts, and games for activities. Assists with interviews of program participants regarding their interests and hobbies. Performs patient-care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the center staff.
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience/Training: 1 year’s experience working with the elderly.
Type of Employees Supervised: None
Special Training: Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must be able to treat people of all ages including geriatrics. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Piedmont Health SeniorCare and approved by CMS before working independently.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult & Geriatric.
- Assists in planning and facilitating group recreation activities not associated with treatment interventions, treatment plans, or therapeutic activities.
- Assists in maintenance of inventory of supplies, crafts, and games for group recreational activities, treatment interventions, treatment plans, and therapeutic activities.
- Assists with interviews of program participants regarding their interests and hobbies.
- Assists assigned participants with communication needs and other activities as assigned.
- Discusses participants’ responses, reactions and participation in treatment interventions, therapeutic activities and recreation with the licensed recreation therapist, activities coordinator, and interdisciplinary team.
- Assists in coordinating volunteer activities at the center.
- Occasionally, serves as a transport aide on referral visits with participants.
- Serves as a resource to staff. Serves as an interdisciplinary team member as assigned and participants in assigned team meetings. Works effectively in a team setting. Assists in the coordination of 24 hour care delivery. Communicates effectively with participants, families, and staff