The Role: IT Manager, Applications Development
The hands on Development Team Manager’s role is to guide the development team’s efforts in developing, maintaining, supporting and/or enhancing the databases, applications, websites, data, reports, and services that support critical business functions.
Education and Experience:
- Manage and mentor the application development team.
- Management of ERP, CRM, CMS, Asset Management, Financial Planning systems, development tools, etc.
- Devise or modify procedures and system processes considering business requirements, systems best practices, and form of desired results.
- Design, code, implement, and support numerous SQL Server based .NET applications, services, and reports that support internal and external systems.
- Ensure logical data model mapping to and from distributors, vendors, point of sale systems and various online/desktop/mobile tools effectively and efficiently into physical data models.
- Document key IT system processes and procedures for future reference and general knowledge sharing.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Strong personnel management skills.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Organizational skills to facilitate a productive working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the implementation of long-range IT plans.
- 5+ years software development and 3+ years system design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the implementation of enterprise technologies and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices.
- Strong .NET (C#, VB) development skills/knowledge.
- Strong development skills within the Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS ) is essential.
- Strong understanding of database fundamentals including: architecture, design, normalization, ETL and optimization.
- Experience with MAS500 and Salesforce (desired).