Do you want to work for the leader in the outdoor industry? Then apply today to join the Cabela’s team. Cabela’s has an opening for a
Product Safety Specialist in the Global Training department
at our Outdoor Adventures office in Sidney, NE.
The mission of the Product Safety Specialist is to ensure compliance with applicable laws, standards, regulations and policies related to product safety across all product categories. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams that will include Product Development, Sourcing, Vendors, Merchandising and external 3rd party testing facilities. This position will foster and advance a culture of Quality and Safety, with all products sold.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist Product Safety Manager to implement and lead the organization's product safety policies, practices and action plans to ensure compliance with applicable law, regulations and industry standards and the organization's policies and practices. Assures plans meet applicable federal and state safety regulations, CPSIA, FDA Regulations, voluntary standards, etc.
- Coordinate activities related to product safety initiatives for new and current products including preparation, documentation and presentation of such safety initiatives.
- Coordinates all outside lab test reports, generates corrective actions.
- Continuously review all products to ensure each meets safety specifications, including appropriate instructions and warning labels.
- Review product materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Keep updated on all applicable product safety legislation, regulations and industry standards and report all updates.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of experience
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct...