We are seeking an industry expert to grow the market for our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the aerospace industry. As the industry marketing manager you will develop and execute on plans to drive increased adoption of MATLAB and Simulink family of products in various segments of the aerospace industry in the Americas and beyond.
You will collaborate with the sales team in the Americas, marketing, engineering, and other teams at MathWorks worldwide to develop the industry strategy, marketing message, supporting content, and marketing plan, as well as contribute to the long-term technology roadmap. Through these efforts you will shape how the industry and customers perceive MathWorks and also champion the impact of industry trends on MathWorks product development plans.
Provide direction and guidance to American sales and services personnel for the aerospace and defense industry in the Americas
Drive awareness of MathWorks within the aerospace and defense industry across the Americas
- Through customer visits, understand the customers’ need and develop messaging for how MathWorks’ products address aerospace industry challenges
- Work directly with sales teams in support of key sales opportunities and with key customers to drive product adoption
- Strategize with account managers to increase account penetration and build best practices for effectively increasing sales worldwide
Develop business strategy for aerospace and defense industry in the Americas
- Develop marketing programs and supporting materials, and use the web to effectively drive promotion in the Americas
- Produce articles, technical papers, and user stories in support of aerospace and defense industry
- Deliver presentations at conferences and industry events and serve as the aerospace and defense spokesperson for the Americas
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Develop and execute the aerospace and defense industry strategy and business plan and review progress on it with an internal “board of advisors”
- Work closely with engineering staff to capture key aerospace and defense customer needs and in development of new features and products to support these needs
- Analyze aerospace and defense business performance, identify new market opportunities, and develop plans to increase penetration and growth
- Identify and work with critical partners to provide a complete solution for customer needs
Additional experiences important to the position:
- M.S. or higher degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software
- Experience using modeling tools in the development of systems compliant to industry standards such as DO-178, DO-254, ARP 4754, or MISRA.
- Strong knowledge of and experience (7+ years) in the aerospace and defense industry with respect to mechatronics and embedded systems development
- Experience and motivation supporting sales and engaging with customers in a multi-national environment
Location: This position will be based in Los Angeles, California.
- MBA or product marketing experience
- Prior employment with a leading corporation in the aerospace and defense industry
- Experience with a global software company
- Experience in forecasting and economic analysis
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
- New Graduates & Students
- Eng & Comp Sci (Masters, PhD)
- Comp Sci (Bachelor)
- Recruiting Schedule
- About MathWorks
- Company Overview
- Worldwide Offices
- U.S. Benefits
- Core Values
- Continuous Improvement
- Respect and Invest
- Rational Workplace
- Learning and Self-Improvement
- Credibility and Integrity
- Social Mission
- Investments in Education
- Staff-Driven Initiatives
- Local Community Support
- Green Initiatives
- Disaster Relief
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming...