The Divisional Sales Manager manages the sales activities and supports the initiatives of the organization personally and through a team of District Sales Managers and their respective Salon Sales Consultants (SSC). Develops, communicates and implements strategic sales and business plans within their assigned territory as approved and directed by the Regional Vice President, Sales to accomplish corporate goals. Empowers others through strong leadership ability to develop the marketplace and cultivate and develop talent to ensure all sales goals and budgets are reached monthly, quarterly and annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, communicates and oversees all communication and planning with the manufacturers. Meets with manufacturers to develop the sales strategy and communicates programs and initiatives through the District Sales Managers to the territory. Develops and sustains strong working relationships with all business partners.
- Oversees the sales and expense budget assigned by the Regional Vice President, Sales. Communicates individual budget allocations to Divisional Sales Managers to achieve sales goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Works with the Brands to actively forecast the promotions and sales needs within the region on an ongoing basis.
- Works with District Sales Managers to address customer and business concerns as well as staff issues. Works collaboratively with the District Sales Managers to develop solutions to improve people performance or the business in assigned territory.
- Spends a minimum of four days per month in the field. Meets with key accounts, travels with select SSC's as schedule allows and periodically sits in on performance discussions with District Sales Managers and their assigned Sales Consultants.
- Meets quarterly with each District Sales Manager to review territory and Sales Consultant performance, KPI progress, sales budget and other planned corporate initiatives to monitor overall territory and individual attainment toward sales goals and growth objectives.
- Oversees the planning, scheduling and implementation of sales meetings and trainings. Attends a minimum of one meeting per month and rotates to other meetings in the territory as schedule permits.
- Has ultimate responsibility for all staff performance. Works with District Sales Managers to assess performance of their staff on a monthly basis by analyzing sales results against established goals, key account development and territory assignments.
- Is knowledgeable of and communicates all market activity and competitive intelligence to the Regional Vice President, Sales to determine customer needs and territory growth opportunities.
- Has overall responsibility for monitoring diversion activity for the territory and alerts Regional Vice President, Sales of any suspicious salon activity or trends in a market. When accounts are terminated for diversion, develops a strategy for replacing lost sales of terminated accounts.
- Sets the tone for representing the distribution world through the establishment of customer service, sales expectations and business priorities and disseminating key messages and brand initiatives throughout the assigned territory.
- Oversees all practices of hiring and firing are done within Human Resources and legal parameters. Actively involved in interviewing and selection of sales talent.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, onboarding and training District Sales Managers in assigned territory.
- Identifies and cultivates talent and monitors development of high potential sales staff. Develops a succession plan for key sales positions.
- Directs and communicates corporate sales goals to the District Sales Managers and SSC's.
- Direct activities involving key clients to reinforce relationships, ensure sales growth and to assist in developing new accounts.
- Directs District Sales Managers and Support Staff to assure continued utilization of sales trainings and programs for customer growth.
- Works closely with all departments to create a positive culture within their realm of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proven sales experience is essential; beauty or beauty distributor experience is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with experience managing professional level sales and management staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong presentation ability.
- Excellent organizational ability and time management skills.
- Able to address and resolve conflict effectively with customers, managers and staff as necessary.
- Ability to decode key information and initiatives and transfer knowledge to staff.
- Must have a strong aptitude for numbers and figures and can effectively translate sales goals to all levels of staff.
- Requires the possession of a valid state driver's license and solid driving record.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver's license.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Must live or be within close proximity of assigned sales territory.
- Responsibilities require frequent and sometimes prolonged driving of a car, walking and stand during store or customer visits, lifting boxes from customer locations and preparing or packing merchandise or sales materials for events or returns.