Job ID #: 82208
Location: NY-New York
Functional Area: Accounting
Company: 10001 - American International Group, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
1. Supervise a staff of at least two in Reinsurance accounting functions including GAAP & Statutory closings, annual statements, reinsurance rendering, reinsurer requests and SOX/Audit requests.
2. Develops non-standard financial statements and reports.
3. Has responsibility for a major accounting process or report, or for a significant, independent segment of a larger process or report that would typically require allocating resources and staff, handling operational requirements, and insuring compliance with applicable guidelines.
4. Analyzes transactions and insures the accounting methodology is consistent with the transaction that is occurring and recommends modifications as appropriate.
5. Analyzes financial reports to interpret trends and make recommendations regarding management or accounting practices.
6. Acts as project leader/manager and develops action plans, reports results to management and makes recommendations.
7. Analyzes accounting systems, controls and procedures and recommends changes to respond to business or regulatory requirements.
5 years Accounting experience with at least 1 to 2 years supervisory experience.
Reinsurance experience strongly preferred
Must have strong communication and excel skill
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig