This position, with minimal supervision, is responsible for leading programming activities related to business applications including the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of computer software systems and/or enhancements that meet business needs and requirements. Position resides in IT BSG Casualty group.
Core Individual Contributor Competencies :
- Responsible for all project life cycle activities including requirements gathering, analysis, design, software enhancements and/or development, testing and post-implementation support.
- Develops all documentation in support of project lifecycle phases including design documents, test plans, and implementation documentation.
- Works with business clients to identify user specifications and requirements and manages projects through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Analyzes current procedures and practices to gain an understanding of business problems or deficiencies.
- Reviews and analyzes available software, and enhancements to recommend any changes to the current system and to ensure that the most cost effective and efficient applications are being utilized.
- Tests new and revised programs to ensure proper functionality and to ensure output is complete, accurate and in conformance with program specifications and user requirements.
- Integrates systems and/or changes into current business workflows and practices.
- Provides production support for nightly batch cycle, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Personal and professional attributes that are critical to successful performance for Individual Contributors:
- Customer Focus
Skills and Abilities :
- Must be proficient in Java and SOA integration.
- Requires knowledge of Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager OAM), Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Requires knowledge of coding best practices.
- Prefer knowledge of Visio.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Lotus Notes.
- Must be proficient in the use of intranet and internet applications.
- Requires knowledge of client server and web development.
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
- Functional/Technical Job Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Learning Ability.
- Oral Communication.
- Written Communication.
- Results Oriented.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of software application development and maintenance experience using Java technologies.
- Requires minimum two (2) years of strong experience in Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies, namely, SOA composites, BPEL 2.0, BPMN 2.0, Mediator, Business Rules, and BPM.
- Requires experience on WebCenter Portal / ADF development and WebCenter Content.
- Requires experience in using / integrating WebLogic, OWSM, Oracle HTTP Server (OHS).
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 12 months ago