The IT Specialist III serves as a lead level information technology specialist. Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and uses a variety of computer systems, software, peripheral devices, and network equipment. Ensures the integrity of such systems, documentation, and provides design influences. Emphasis could be in computer systems administration, network administration, service desk support or any other related discipline. Under minimal supervision, the Suddenlink IT Specialist III will serve as an escalation point for level I and II technicians, provide Executive level support as well as responsible for maintaining systems integrity.
• Provides quality customer service surrounding company values and policies.
• Greets and serves customers with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism
• Serves as an escalation point for IT Specialist I and II technicians
• Responsible for providing executive desktop service support
• Responds to end-user issues via face to face interaction, telephone, or escalated helpdesk tickets
• Installs, configures and tests desktop/server hardware and software
• Partners with other departments to implement new programs or provide technical assistance
• Coordinates with corporate IT resources to understand and minimize the impact of potential widespread issues
• Aids with production and test runs of software libraries
• Responsible for user account administration
• Monitors resource utilization, coordinates hardware/software upgrades, trains computer operators and users, requests software fixes and enhancements from various software vendors and physically installs electronic business equipment
• Provides support and education by preparing application, hardware, and network documentation
• Works on special projects as assigned
• Improves productivity by providing technical and operational support to end users of computer systems
• Ability to mentor, assist and instruct others
• Supports and maintains IT managed network infrastructure in coordination with enterprise network team. Including but not limited to, systems management, upgrade, patching, and troubleshooting.
• Supports and maintains IT managed server infrastructure in coordination with enterprise systems team. Including but not limited to, systems management, upgrade, patching, and troubleshooting.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and job experience
• 3-7 years of progressively responsible experience with computer hardware, Microsoft server platforms or Cisco networks within an enterprise environment
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Microsoft technical certification for current Windows OS (or acquire within the first 12 months of employment)
• Vendor hardware certification(s) (or acquire within the first 12 months of employment)
• Ability to visualize and troubleshoot complex issues remotely
• Experience using helpdesk ticketing systems
• Experience with Active Directory user and group administration
• Experience with supporting ICOMS billing system or similar systems preferred
• Experience with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Internet browsers and Email clients Working knowledge of systems hardware, printers, scanners and other peripheral devices
• 3-7 years of basic hardware/software troubleshooting and problem resolution desirable
• 3-7 years of basic network connectivity troubleshooting desirable
• Ability to work independently with minimum guidance as well as within a team environment
• Ability to detect problem areas and recommend solutions for local and remote users
• Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
• Effective communication and customer service interaction skills with users to interpret their needs efficiently and professionally
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Other industry standard certifications as specified
Suddenlink - 18 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...