SUMMARY : The Marketing/Administrative Assistant will assist in both marketing and ensuring the smooth operation of the office of the Center for Innovation, which houses the Director of the Center for Innovation, staff and faculty. The Center is charged with providing entrepreneurial training to all students of MSU Denver, as well as to members of the regional community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERCENTAGES :
20% – Social Media Management
1. Maintains all of the Center’s social networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. 2. Places Center on new social networks that could promote the Center. 3. Develops content on social networks to help build the positive reputation of the Center. 4. Places content on social networks on a regular schedule, as determined by the Director, to help build the positive reputation of the Center.
20% – Event Management
1. Produces, coordinates, and schedules all events for the Center. 2. Lead event manager for Start Me Up student entrepreneurship awards.
20% – Website and E-Newsletter Development
1. Maintains Center website as needed. 2. Writes content for website and e-newsletter. 3. Manages relationships with e-newsletter vendor. 4. Produces and distributes e-newsletter 5x per year on a schedule determined by Director. 5. Manages external and internal e-mail distribution lists.
20% – Reception & Assistance to Students/Staff/Faculty
1. This position is the first point of contact for the Center and is responsible for greeting and interacting with individuals in a friendly, positive manner, which involves all visitors in person, on the phone and through email. 2. Must ensure that the Director and appropriate staff receive clear and definitive messages, copies, and faxes including any special instructions or critical guidance. 3. Analyzes problems and instructs students, faculty and other staff regarding College and departmental procedures. Identifies, defines, and solves problems, making appropriate referrals as necessary. 4. Serves as liaison between Center and other College departments. 5. Notifies other departments of pertinent information and events as requested. 6. Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information with co-workers, supervisor, students, and colleagues. 7. Coordinates student concerns and follows through with other departments in resolving student concerns.
15% – Office Operations
1. Monitors office operations through established procedures and priorities. 2. Prioritizes work to meet office needs, through planning, organizing, communications and decisions made within the Center. 3. Implements and evaluates tasks to be performed on a daily and weekly basis. 4. Schedules conference rooms; maintains copier and contacts service representatives when necessary; scans and files documents electronically; coordinates meetings and contacts attendees; reserves rooms and works closely with Auraria Higher Education Center for facilities management. 5. Requests timesheets from employees and submits to payroll. 6. Maintains key matrix and works with Auraria Higher Education Center for access and approvals. 7. Schedules appointments, meetings, and office coverage as needed. 8. Supervises the distribution of incoming office mail is routinely checked, sorted, and delivered. Ensures outgoing hand-carry mail is delivered daily. 9. Works in a team environment with other members of the department. Contributes to maintaining a professionally calm office in stressful situations. 10. Monitors and completes all ordering of office supplies. Prepares purchase requisitions and travel forms and makes travel reservations as necessary. Authorizes equipment and office maintenance, repairs, moving and storage. 11. Enforces security for office keys, fobs and access cards.
5% – Record Keeping & Special Projects
1. Updates and maintains general office records system with limited supervision. 2. Ensures that proper master files are maintained and easily accessible; files all materials in a timely and accurate manner. 3. Processes all Official Function forms in a timely manner. 4. Receives and coordinates special projects and assignments from Director and Assistant Director of Center. Ensures that projects are completed in a timely fashion and meets deadlines. 5. Maintains timesheets and inputs data for student payroll. 6. Drafts and edits correspondence and forms as requested.
EO STATEMENT : Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Required Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2. Experience in marketing. 3. Experience in social media. 4. Experience in event management. 5. High levels of competency in Microsoft Office products and calendaring. 6. Public relations skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills. 7. Ability to work independently, handle matters confidentially, solve problems, and make decisions appropriate to the position. 8. Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time. 9. Must be able to interact positively with a wide range of people within the University and with external audiences. 10. Ability to adapt from routine administrative duties to handling special needs or situations seamlessly and on a daily basis.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. 2. Experience working in a diverse environment. 4. Work experience in an office comparable to a Director.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Metropolitan State University of Denver - 4 months ago