- (BS) in Packaging Science/ Engineering, Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Understanding of packaging design and packaging development of consumer products.
- Understanding of Packaging technology from a food / Pharma Industry.
- Understanding of packaging line integration.
- Proven track record delivering packaging related projects
- Knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, NEC and EPA regulations.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment
- At least 5 years experience in a Packaging or Project Engineering within a manufacturing environment
- Proven Track record in a related engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of capital project management techniques
- Working knowledge and experience in process monitoring and analytical techniques.
- Sound customer focus, team working, communication skills and organizational skills are required.
- Proficiency at leading projects in a team environment.
- Knowledge of equipment vendors and outside mechanical contractors.
- Excel 2007, Project 2007, and Word 2007
- Written and oral communication skills
- Visual Basic
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Packaging Development Experience
- Experience in FMEA/FMECA or other root cause techniques.
- Experience in managing engineering and change related projects
- Ability to influence and manage teams.
- Programmable logic controllers and HMI Software
- Working Knowledge and programming skills in the use of programmable logic controllers , Visual Basic HMI Software.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Memphis is located in the heart of Tennessee. We are surrounded by “Blues” legends, rich historical landmarks and southern charm. The Memphis site is a part of the Consumer Healthcare business, and is in the Global Manufacturing and Supply Division of GSK. At the present high speed manufacturing and packaging of powders and tablets, in addition to several other regional/national brands is the focus of the site. The production floor is highly automated, and the site operates 24/7.
The purpose of the Packaging Engineer role is to plan, organize, direct and implement capital and expense projects primarily for packaging which will provide the site cost reduction, capacity improvements and meet cGMP objectives. The Engineer will work closely with Brand and Corporate packaging groups to assists with pack design and packaging development activities and initiatives and will support as necessary production with troubleshooting on an as needed basis, and mentor technicians and mechanics to help build technical capability. The Packaging Engineer will also manage daily control over large projects or a number of smaller capital projects which must be delivered to time and cost with positive impact on quality.
- Develops project from Customer Input Project Briefs, User Requirements and Functional Specifications. .
- Aggressively drive packaging projects to achieve time, cost, functionality, and performance deliverables.
- Create, develop, and implement innovative packaging structures and processes that help drive sales and profitable growth, improve productivity, and reduce cost.
- Ensure packaging design criteria and project scope are understood and properly developed.
- Troubleshoot packaging design issues.
- Work with graphics department to ensure successful integration of packaging structures to artwork.
- Recommend test plans for packaging projects and qualify packaging designs using ASTM and other industry relevant performance tests including lead packaging development trials at supplier and plant location.
- Work on special projects as assigned, including evaluating new processes and technologies, qualifying new packaging suppliers, and backing up other packaging team members as needed
- Interface and collaborate with cross functional teams including Marketing, Industrial Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Finance
- Maintains agreed feedback systems to ensure regular technical input and communication throughout the projects and update site stakeholders on project progress in the appropriate forums.
- Supports the site’s technical or business processes to support the site’s Engineering Improvement programme and project ways of working.
- Assesses project resources for engineering capacity / capability and where required assess, appoint, control and direct specific Contractors and Suppliers.
- Develop Technical Change Controls for all projects managed as required.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the operations team and attend production meetings, operations improvement meetings, and other departmental meetings as required.
- Promotes a safe environment with equipment and process designs and comply with all GSK quality and safety procedures and national and local regulations.
- Support CAD files, program backups, and engineering documentation in an organized manner.
- Comply with all Quality and Safety regulations, local and corporate policies and procedures.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GlaxoSmithKline - 2 years ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and...